Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #4,681 of 7,916
Even without an extender I can hear a difference between it on and off with the VE Monk. The same difference is there with an extender. I tried a much more easily driven one, Rose Mojito, and that time there's no difference, so now it makes more sense. Thankya.

Edit: Nevermind as I can't replicate the occurrence with the Monk. Time to order a short extender as mine is 3 ft long.

If your V10 is updated to android 6.0, HiFi mode is a toggle and an extender is not needed.

Oct 16, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #4,683 of 7,916
What about Xiaomi Mi5s Plus? Anyone knows what DAC and opamps are there?

Its succesor of Mi Note/Mi Note Pro

Oct 16, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #4,684 of 7,916
@fericske welcome to the club!
smily_headphones1.gif
I 've had X3 Lite for 2 weeks and for 116$ it cost me it is a great phone! SQ is very ok but I don't expect it to have ESS dac, X3 has it but not its younger brother X3 Lite
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey 
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, still I'm not sure about my phone specs. The amp section is mysterious to me. That is pure quality, too powerful for a "noname" amp.
I got that model I ordered, K51c78. This the x3 youth not the lite, and if you go to the gsmarena.com and to the devicespecifications.com you will see the differences between the models. Both the websites says this model has the sabre dac and the texas opa.
And there is a third model, the Vibe X3 X3c70. This is a cheap phone as well, $120 and its specs contains sabre dac and texas opa too.
The two sabre model erlier than the simple one.
Just check out which model is yours.

Oct 16, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #4,685 of 7,916
Another update on hi-fi mode from yesterday. After turning it on sound becomes somewhat tube like, warm with suppressed bass and highs. It sooth out the mids too. In all this i feel some details gets lost in comparison with hi-fi mode off. This warmth is kind of addicting.

Still learning all this. Since vibe x3 is not very common here and v10 has more or less same dac. I would love to hear other's reaction on this.

Oct 16, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #4,688 of 7,916
Hm, you are right, I checked the label inside mine and it is not what I see in the video, so now I have no idea what audio chips are in my K51c78 :) before the purchase I thought it has only wolfson wm8281 and now it is a total puzzle to me :) I hope with your help this matter will be resolved :)

Oct 17, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #4,689 of 7,916
yes, Neutron Music Player can set volume by the following combination:

(1)Replay Gain *mostly for DSD files
(2)PreAmp
(3)Gain *Volume

To proof that the smartphone can play native DSD files, such as LG G5 with HiFi Pluse module,
You can check setting on Neutron Music Player.

In setting,
DSP Effect = Crossfeed
Crossfeed = Off
64-Bit Processing = enable *check your smartphone's CPU if it is 64-bit type
Resampling = Audiophile
Audio Hardware = Dither, Ulrasonic Filter, Hardware Gain, Audio Focus, CPU Wake Lock, Generic Driver, Direct USB Driver (*must check this one)
32-bit output = Off *this is like Upsampling.  I don't lik upsampling, so I turned it off.
DSD over PCM (DoP) *<====turn this ON if you only play native DSD file.  
However, if you have other file type, it is quite troublesome for user to must turn it off again for FLAC or WAVE or other file type

Oct 17, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #4,690 of 7,916
  +1

i've also tested the v10 and it's a great sounding device. if only it was smaller and had better battery life...

try LG G5 SE (it is a lower model version of G5, but software/hardware is more stable) and add HiFi Plus module.
**you can also just buy the LG HiFi Plus module and use it with other Android/iOS phone or on PC

Oct 17, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #4,691 of 7,916
I was going to buy Letv Max Pro because of the good price but I found this post.

Unfortunately letvmobilestore.com did not reply to my question.

The devicespecifications says nothing about dedicated audio DAC.

Letv Max Pro(x910) specs:   http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/6ed4339f

Letv One Max(X900) specs:  http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/2c1933a0

Can somebody confirm Letv Max Pro does not have ess sabre audio chip?

I can now confirm that letv max pro also have ess chip. You can see this symbol on the picture.

Oct 17, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #4,692 of 7,916
Hello all! I have a dragonfly and a Mojo but need to make my setup more portable.  Currently I have them connected to my MacBook as the source. But need to find a cheap Android phone to act as a host for my files and to use for streaming. 

Any recommendations?   

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back