Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #4,457 of 7,916
Are Xiaomi mi max phones any stable?

I mean, if chosing between a Xiaomi mi max and an Mate 8 from Huawei, I want to know if Xiaomi would be stable enough to work as a daily phone. Using HTC 820 right now, and it's extremely stable. But the audio quality is a bit of a let down, and it's uncomfortably small for me..

Sep 28, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #4,458 of 7,916
ahh, i see.

any experience with the sound quality of the oneplus 3?

As far as I try, not sound wise. Just good rom good camera

Sep 28, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #4,459 of 7,916
Are Xiaomi mi max phones any stable?

I mean, if chosing between a Xiaomi mi max and an Mate 8 from Huawei, I want to know if Xiaomi would be stable enough to work as a daily phone. Using HTC 820 right now, and it's extremely stable. But the audio quality is a bit of a let down, and it's uncomfortably small for me..

Mi max is stable but if I would Choose huawei P9. Great camera for its price.

Sep 28, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #4,460 of 7,916
Mi max is stable but if I would Choose huawei P9. Great camera for its price.

thanks for your answer! 

But P9 is way too small for me...

I need 6" at least. and no AMOLED for me (just mentioning this, but screen burn in is real
frown.gif
)

Mate8 or Mi max would be better for me, but I also really need nougat's ability to use two programs at once. IF neither will be available with nougat, I'm making a mistake buying either 
beyersmile.png

Sep 29, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #4,461 of 7,916
thanks for your answer! 

But P9 is way too small for me...

I need 6" at least. and no AMOLED for me (just mentioning this, but screen burn in is real :frowning2: )

Mate8 or Mi max would be better for me, but I also really need nougat's ability to use two programs at once. IF neither will be available with nougat, I'm making a mistake buying either :beyersmile:  

Mi max has more posdibility to get nougat.

Sep 29, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #4,462 of 7,916
Guys, how you are going to buy lg v20, if it's only for Korea? And LG won't sell it in Europe and, maybe, USA?
And what can you say about Highscreen Boost 3 Pro? Does it have comparable level of SQ with LG v10?

Sep 29, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #4,463 of 7,916
Guys, how you are going to buy lg v20, if it's only for Korea? And LG won't sell it in Europe and, maybe, USA?
And what can you say about Highscreen Boost 3 Pro? Does it have comparable level of SQ with LG v10?

It's definitely coming to the US, where did you hear otherwise? As for Europe, there'll be dealers selling imported models.

Sep 29, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #4,464 of 7,916
It's definitely coming to the US, where did you hear otherwise? As for Europe, there'll be dealers selling imported models.

As i read on another forum, 4pda.ru, LG support answered to the question about selling date, that they are not going to sell V20 in Europe. This information from support, and i don't know, who is right.
I can't understand, why owners of LeTV/LeEco smartphones tell us, that they are good How people even can think, that LeEco is good.. Yes, smartphones have cool and powerfull hardware, but it's only half of success, isn't it? Even Xiaomi has some problems with their software, and xiaomi's lvl of support much higher, same with a lot of A-brands lvl..
How people can use chinese version of android, if there no google services (ok, we can install it), but a lot of bugs, chinese language, mailwares, horrible support, in fact no garanty, no updates., etc. If you need an update - buy new model with it)
LeTV truly chinese company, with truly chinese support (0 help).

Sep 29, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #4,465 of 7,916
As i read on another forum, 4pda.ru, LG support answered to the question about selling date, that they are not going to sell V20 in Europe. This information from support, and i don't know, who is right.

I can't understand, why owners of LeTV/LeEco smartphones tell us, that they are good How people even can think, that LeEco is good.. Yes, smartphones have cool and powerfull hardware, but it's only half of success, isn't it? Even Xiaomi has some problems with their software, and xiaomi's lvl of support much higher, same with a lot of A-brands lvl..

How people can use chinese version of android, if there no google services (ok, we can install it), but a lot of bugs, chinese language, mailwares, horrible support, in fact no garanty, no updates., etc. If you need an update - buy new model with it)
LeTV truly chinese company, with truly chinese support (0 help).

No any phones is perfect though having both pros and cons. It depends on user what stuffs they are serious with. Like me I am not considering anything but sq so I ignore other things. Just waiting for the phone that can beat letv sq.

Sep 29, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #4,468 of 7,916
Ok, all things considered I've been doing some research and I think the best of both worlds is to get the Smartphone YOU like and get an external, mobile DAC. this company called HiFiMe does sell their latest 9018 Sabre edition in 3 variants, regular usb, micro usb ( android ) and the latest and greatest USB type C for 69$....

Unlike the dragonfly black by Audioquest which uses worse dac and is priced higher.

http://hifimediy.com/DACs/ready-made-dacs/Sabre-9018-Type-C-DAC

Now it's defenitely not the best in terms of looks ( to keep it cheap ) but it's a below 100$ solution that you can use with any phone that sports usb OnTheGo (OTG), qnywindows machine or Mac for that matter. It draws little power but I'd still consider getting a phone with a good to hefty battery capacity.

Sabre 9018Km is the same one that sits in the Meizu Pro 5 that a lot of you praise here. Of course there are other factors involved not just the dac but this thing gets very good reviews wherever I searched and is priced very low for what it offers.

I was seriously considering getting a Meizu Pro 5 or LG V10 or Lenovo Vibe X 3 but all of them have large screens which I really would rather avoid. The 5,2" of Huawei's P9 is the largest I'd be comfortable with in my daily use I think.
I'm still using my good old iPhone 4s bought on launch which is 5 years old now and it's battery is really on it's last legs...

I don't intend to play any games on my phone but being a sucker for that Leica monochrome images for years I think, getting myself a p9 or waiting for p10 and buying that external sabre dac from hifime would be a good choice.

However I also have to invest in new pair of headphones as I'm not too lucky with mine.

My main Fidelio X1 have an audio in broken, lost my klipsch x10i couple of months ago, 2 pairs of klipsch image one sent back to amazon as they broke in the same spot from normal use.

I'm now left with old sennheisers hd418 which I bought to be the "just in case" crappy solution many years ago, I do also have the a jays four iems but they are lifeless to me, no emetion while listening to those cheap'os.

I"m thinking of getting the momentum mk2 over year next.

Anyhoot long post, sorry ^^'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back