Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 30, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #3,691 of 7,916
can i have some knowledge please. why do US people concern on having LTE. Cant 3G internet speed enough for surfing? Does that mean 3G in the states damn slow, unstable, less service?

It is just a curious question though. in order to understand country diversity. since I dont know anything about telecommunication in the states. I would love to understand each other more.

Hi. Saying the truth, I have not used some streaming music services here (I'm just on vacation in USA), but just in case you wanted to know the speed - please, see attached. For bandcamp service, where I'm looking for new music right now, it seems to be more than enough. Then I will buy FLAC, if I like it, for offline listening. I do not appreciate the idea to listen to heavy-weighted lossless tracks online. Maybe it's weird, but I don't like to be dependent on net in any way, instead prefer keeping all stuff I like at hand.

Jul 30, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #3,692 of 7,916
I'm now not so sure...

To clear it up, if someone with a V10 can run UAPP - and see if when opening UAPP it brings up a warning, asking you if you want to use your USB device as a DAC...

The G5/B&O sounds vastly better using the native UAPP drivers than it dose LG's own Hi-Fi drivers.... massive difference - especially in high impedance mode.

I get error initializing USB system's, on my v10 launching UAPP, On 5.1.1 Android. So far power amp alpha is the best sounding player from the ones I have tested on the v10, especially if you tweak the settings, becomes DAP like. IMO
Testing UAPP on the v10 now and it works fine through the internal hi-fi DAC once hi-fi everywhere is activated and you get full gain control in the fly with Alsa app. Sounds really good.

I wish extra steps where added to the volume control in UAPP (user adjustable), this would be great for fine grain adjustments, like 75 or 100 steps for IEM's.
Edit:
Excellent, just found 20, 40 or 50 steps in UAPP options and it's not working on the v10.

Jul 30, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #3,693 of 7,916
Hi. Saying the truth, I have not used some streaming music services here (I'm just on vacation in USA), but just in case you wanted to know the speed - please, see attached. For bandcamp service, where I'm looking for new music right now, it seems to be more than enough. Then I will buy FLAC, if I like it, for offline listening. I do not appreciate the idea to listen to heavy-weighted lossless tracks online. Maybe it's weird, but I don't like to be dependent on net in any way, instead prefer keeping all stuff I like at hand.

that speed is so promising that makes me feel bad for LTE speed in my country.

3G for you is like 4G LTE in my country T_T

This even makes me feel like I cant see any reason why no LTE smartphone in the states is a no-go then. 3G speed is surely so more than enough.

Jul 31, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #3,695 of 7,916
I get error initializing USB system's, on my v10 launching UAPP, On 5.1.1 Android. So far power amp alpha is the best sounding player from the ones I have tested on the v10, especially if you tweak the settings, becomes DAP like. IMO
Testing UAPP on the v10 now and it works fine through the internal hi-fi DAC once hi-fi everywhere is activated and you get full gain control in the fly with Alsa app. Sounds really good.

I wish extra steps where added to the volume control in UAPP (user adjustable), this would be great for fine grain adjustments, like 75 or 100 steps for IEM's.
Edit:
Excellent, just found 20, 40 or 50 steps in UAPP options and it's not working on the v10.

Just upgrade to 6.0 with LG bridge and you get HI-FI toggle and 100 volume steps.

Jul 31, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #3,696 of 7,916
Global stable. I'm gonna switch to the dev version as well.

It's funny how much the software implementation really dictates how a phone sounds. Now it sounds nothing special compared to how it did with the original version.

You can learn this from ibasso fw.

Jul 31, 2016 at 3:29 AM Post #3,698 of 7,916
Just upgrade to 6.0 with LG bridge and you get HI-FI toggle and 100 volume steps.
Isn't it funny, either EU volume limit at its worst, or no consistency at LG, My G5 only goes up to 75 (15 steps), thankfully UAPP works independently of that.

Looks like UAPP grabbing full control of the module DAC of the G5 might give this handset a plus over the V10.

Jul 31, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #3,699 of 7,916
I am about to try and get into the portable DAP and I was looking at some of the new Sony's, but more to the point at this time what would be a good choice. I am looking to spend around 300-350 and I need something that can play flac files and DSD would be nice but if it didn't it wouldn't be a deal breaker. The only other unit I looked at briefly was the Fiio X7 and I really like that a lot too but to be honest the X5 is more in my price range.

Jul 31, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #3,700 of 7,916
I'd say this is the wrong thread to ask that question, however - Sony players, whilst generally feeling more complete do suffer from volume / drive / power issues, however this does in turn give them great battery life...

For the fact you've posted in this thread, what is your smartphone history / experience?

You pick your poison and drink deeply!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back