Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #3,661 of 7,916
Are you not happy with the LG G5 + B&O or are you just getting bored?
oddly, I just want a phone with a case, I'm a bit precious about things like that, and as much as there was a case mentioned earlier in the thread, it doesn't cover the screen, and having two phones in my jeans pocket, I've had one screen crack before, and I don't want lightning to strike twice, that's the only reason.

Jul 30, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #3,663 of 7,916
For now, still LOVING my G5 + DAC. I got the Sony XBA-300 IEMs yesterday and this combination provides an INSANE amount of detail for a portable rig. I love it. 

-Collin-

But B&O filling is just practically identical to VIVO X6 Plus: latter one has ES9028 DAC and ES9603 amplifier. Too bad, there is no any comparison between those two sound babes...

Jul 30, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #3,664 of 7,916
But B&O filling is just practically identical to VIVO X6 Plus: latter one has ES9028 DAC and ES9603 amplifier. Too bad, there is no any comparison between those two sound babes...

I agree, but here in the US it's really not ideal to use a phone for the Chinese market as the Google services don't work. I would love to own a Vivo phone, but not without Google Play.

-Collin-

Jul 30, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #3,669 of 7,916
  we will wait for your impressions though I doubt that a smartphone can sound better than a player!

You keep saying that, and it is seriously frustrating. Most of these modern players are nothing more than basic android devices anyway, just with a custom built application and the hardware...
Well, now more of these phones are coming with the same hardware (ESS chips, AKG chips, etc), and have access to excellent players, so frankly.. there is no reason for them to not sound as good...

Jul 30, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #3,672 of 7,916
  You keep saying that, and it is seriously frustrating. Most of these modern players are nothing more than basic android devices anyway, just with a custom built application and the hardware...
Well, now more of these phones are coming with the same hardware (ESS chips, AKG chips, etc), and have access to excellent players, so frankly.. there is no reason for them to not sound as good...

Which phones do you know that has these mentioned chips? Looking for good-sounding alternatives..

Jul 30, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #3,673 of 7,916
Anybody know of an affordable way to get a 6gb ram version of the Axon from China? They all sell for about 800 to 900$ which sounds crazy to me.
There's certainly someone that wants to get rid of his :)

As for smartphones with DACs: Vivo xplay5s, Axon 7, LG G5, LG V10 (V20 coming in September), some Lenovo devices... There's a pretty good list somewhere on page 208 or so...

Jul 30, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #3,675 of 7,916
Guys I have spent quite some time browsing this topic but still can not find the answer.

I would greatly apprreciate if someone who is really familiar with the subject posted a list of smartphones sorted by the sound quality.

The rules are:
- screens of 5,2" and under
- all brands welcome, including Chinese.

Thank you in advance, I would appreciate multiple input.

And btw I am going to match it with Sennheiser IE80 earbuds, so anything that could utilize their potential has a place here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back