Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 14, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #3,482 of 7,916
Hi,
I use my phone mainly for listening to songs. Been using galaxy s3 for 4 years.
I rooted phone and installed viper4android app. I am very much impressed with audio quality of s3.
Now, am looking for an upgrade to a phone with good audio quality through headphones. I am not using high impedance/high quality headphones. Sennheiser cx 180 in-ear headphones. And my song library contains only mp3(mix of all type of standard kbps files) and m4a. No flac.
I am in dilemma with two options. Htc 10 and galaxy s7/galaxy s7 edge.
I went to samsung smartphone cafe and tried galaxy s7 with my headphones. But couldnt get a quality time with it for testing. And there is no live demo for htc as of now at my place.
For my song library and headphones will i face a massive difference in sound quality between htc 10 and galaxy s7?

Jul 14, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #3,484 of 7,916
I have bought, the Lenovo x3 lite or youth or lemon x3 it has an cirrus logic wm8281 not ess chipped, it sounds quite good but not as good as v10 h900 I let you one screen shot of model and more

Interesting. As far as I know in some places the low end model was sold with the Sabre DAC, or maybe that was false advertisement on their part. Wouldn't be surprised if it's true.

Jul 14, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #3,485 of 7,916
Hi,
I use my phone mainly for listening to songs. Been using galaxy s3 for 4 years.
I rooted phone and installed viper4android app. I am very much impressed with audio quality of s3.
Now, am looking for an upgrade to a phone with good audio quality through headphones. I am not using high impedance/high quality headphones. Sennheiser cx 180 in-ear headphones. And my song library contains only mp3(mix of all type of standard kbps files) and m4a. No flac.
I am in dilemma with two options. Htc 10 and galaxy s7/galaxy s7 edge.
I went to samsung smartphone cafe and tried galaxy s7 with my headphones. But couldnt get a quality time with it for testing. And there is no live demo for htc as of now at my place.
For my song library and headphones will i face a massive difference in sound quality between htc 10 and galaxy s7?
why not improve your IEMs first?

With the ones you have, would be like asking for a car to pull a lorry trailer and still reach 60mph... Maybe possible, but highly unlikely.

Jul 14, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #3,486 of 7,916
why not improve your IEMs first?

With the ones you have, would be like asking for a car to pull a lorry trailer and still reach 60mph... Maybe possible, but highly unlikely.

I am thinking of buying a phone with good sound ouput quality first and then go for buying quality headphones for pairing with it

Jul 14, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #3,487 of 7,916
One last thing.

As of know, what headsets would you place over the Xiaomi Mi Note as far as headphone sound goes, from what you've heard of course. The shape/color of the sound is not important.

I'm curious about this.

Sorry I dont understand the meaning of this question. Could you elaborate more please.

Jul 15, 2016 at 2:47 AM Post #3,489 of 7,916
I mean which smartphones are better for headphone sound than the Xiaomi Mi Note in your opinion?

Exactly,
1. Mi note pro
2. Meizu pro5
3. Letv pro and max (china version)
4. Vivo xplay5s (never tried but i believe it should be most awesome.)

Jul 15, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #3,490 of 7,916
I would, with my resurgence of interest in phones, love to get the TOTL Vivo, but - in the UK, it is more expensive than Samsung / Apple - which is sort of crazy really!

Jul 15, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #3,491 of 7,916
Exactly,
1. Mi note pro
2. Meizu pro5
3. Letv pro and max (china version)
4. Vivo xplay5s (never tried but i believe it should be most awesome.)

Be careful though, most of these smartphones don't have a microsd slot except for Meizu Pro 5.
Quite dumb to be limited to 32/64Gb when you preaching Hi-Res audio...

Jul 15, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #3,493 of 7,916
Surprising, I would've expected to see Vibe X3 as well. V10 being a toss-up.

Not a fan of the Axon series?

Vibe x3 is same level so I didnt rank it as higher.
V10 is not my preference sound. So not come up to my list.
Yes I'm not a fan of axon.

Jul 15, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #3,494 of 7,916
I would, with my resurgence of interest in phones, love to get the TOTL Vivo, but - in the UK, it is more expensive than Samsung / Apple - which is sort of crazy really!

Me too, and same in the United States. I briefly looked at that Vivo and decided that I was crazy almost paying $850 for the phone. Granted, I spent that on my 6s 128gb, but as a phone it is a lot nicer to deal with day to day and while the audio quality isn't as good as the Vivo, I would still choose it every time. 

-Collin-

Jul 15, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #3,495 of 7,916
So I'm looking to get a new smartphone and would like something that will work as a good DAP since my DX50 seems to be dead. How do the HTC 10 and the LG V10 compare? I also briefly looked at the Galaxy S7 but heard bad things about its sound. Just looking for something with good clean sound and a decent amount of power. I'm primarily listening to 256-320 kbps mp3s, so a 24-bit vs. 32-bit DAC doesn't matter at all to me. Leaning towards the HTC 10 because it seems to be the better smartphone by a little bit, but would be interested to hear the opinions of those who have heard both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back