Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 1, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #1,982 of 7,916
How does the sq of the pro 5 differ from the sq of a standard modern computer? is it better, worse or the same?

It depends of the dac you have in the computer.
If you mean the default motherboards sound cards pro 5 sound probably better.in my pc i have a maudio 24/96 audiophile although it is a little bit old it sounds ok.it doesnt have headphone amplifier though.

Feb 1, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #1,983 of 7,916
The Qualcomm wcd9310 dac also supports 24/192

Ok, but let's be real here for once. How many people actually listen on their smartphones to anything with SR higher than 48khz?
This whole thing is starting to be like megapixel war on cameras... Personally, I don't care how much mpx my camera has as long as it's more than 2k (4mpx + ) and looks crisp on my computer screen and TV, just as well as I don't care how high of a sample rate my DAC can reproduce as long as it has great SQ when playing tunes from my library.

You could have crappy 16mpx camera with awful focusing and a 24/192 DAC with weak output, terrible stereo crossfade and a lot of noise. Would that be okay for you? :rolleyes:

Feb 1, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #1,984 of 7,916
The authorized dealer in my country doesn't import Meizu pro 5, and LG V10 also.

So Samsung S6, Xperia Z5, Lenovo vibe x3, vivo x5 max. Which one is your recommend.

Thanks in advance, for your response.

Feb 1, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #1,985 of 7,916
Ok, but let's be real here for once. How many people actually listen on their smartphones to anything with SR higher than 48khz?
This whole thing is starting to be like megapixel war on cameras... Personally, I don't care how much mpx my camera has as long as it's more than 2k (4mpx + ) and looks crisp on my computer screen and TV, just as well as I don't care how high of a sample rate my DAC can reproduce as long as it has great SQ when playing tunes from my library.

You could have crappy 16mpx camera with awful focusing and a 24/192 DAC with weak output, terrible stereo crossfade and a lot of noise. Would that be okay for you?
rolleyes.gif

I've done a bit of comparing with my iPhone 5 between the two.

I'd say that the Z10 feels rougher but more detailed, while the iPhone is smoother but has less detail. 

Feb 1, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #1,986 of 7,916

You could have crappy 16mpx camera with awful focusing and a 24/192 DAC with weak output, terrible stereo crossfade and a lot of noise. Would that be okay for you?
rolleyes.gif

was thinking the same.

Feb 1, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #1,987 of 7,916

You could have crappy 16mpx camera with awful focusing and a 24/192 DAC with weak output, terrible stereo crossfade and a lot of noise. Would that be okay for you? :rolleyes:

Quoted for truth. In the end, the only thing that matters is that it sounds good and we like it, regardless of what the specs say in the paper.

Although, I have to admit, I do have two 24-bit/88.2 kHz albums and about fuve or six 24/96 albums in my smartphone. And I do listen to them quite often.

Feb 2, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #1,988 of 7,916
Its a pity when very good sounding phones dont support native 24 bit playback. thats the only issue i have with mx4 pro.
The thing is that the hardware supports it .
I want also to admit that flyme lollipop screwed the sound experience a little bit. Staying in kitkat is recommended for audio

Feb 2, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #1,990 of 7,916
I've read some recommendations about axon's line of ZTE but I don't know if a lot of people own them, all seems good "on paper" but any users who own them or have used it could share his impressions.

All Axons with "HI-FI Sound" should sound ok, am I right? I can get Axon mini Premium.

Feb 2, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #1,991 of 7,916
Look, I don't listen to 24/192 either, but is it cool that the device supports it, as well as FLAC playback and gapless.

I'm enjoying the sound. I generally find blackberry engineering to be pretty well thought out and detail oriented.

Feb 3, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #1,992 of 7,916
Its a pity when very good sounding phones dont support native 24 bit playback. thats the only issue i have with mx4 pro.
The thing is that the hardware supports it .
I want also to admit that flyme lollipop screwed the sound experience a little bit. Staying in kitkat is recommended for audio

If the hardware supports then the only thing you need to do might be to modify your audio_policy.conf file in /system/etc. (Root, then install and enable insecure adbd and replace that file with modified one) and / or use another music player.

Or just try playing with the libs and using the older ones. As already mentioned, both Flyme 4.5 and Flyme 5 are based on Lollipop, so the libs should be pretty much interchangeable. Back when I had Meizu MX3 pretty much the same thing happened, as the Flyme progressed the audio output became somewhat weaker and less responsive to Poweramp EQ. Managed to fix that by trying various libs from previous versions.
Beware that you might get a bootloop though, so be prepared to dirty reflash the ROM.

Feb 3, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #1,995 of 7,916
Hello everyone.  I'm a long time lurker, first time posting here.  I'm trying to deciding what to use.

I currently have two phones.

Sony Xperia Z3:  Used this from since it was released in North America at T-Mobile.

HTC One M9:  Got this for free

My Gear:  VMODA M100, Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear, Sennheiser Momentum On-Ears, Sennheiser HD598SE (use this on Receiver)

After using the HTC for the first time, I noticed right off the bat that this phone has a great AMP compared to the Z3.  It powers up my VMODA M100 amazingly.  The Z3 has done wonder but it a little low on output power.  It did however power up my old Sennheiser Momentum Over Ears very well, I sold them because the inner ear was too small for me.

Now my question is, out of these two, which one has the best SQ?

I know some have mentioned the LG V10 has the best DAC/AMP combo but I can't really notice a difference when using my M100 or Momentum in ears, it is because the DAC/AMP is only limited to the stock player?  My wife owns the V10 if you are wondering.

Thank you everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back