Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 5, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #856 of 7,916
Well hmm my my my well a few ppsts ago someone mentioned LG got a wolfsonDAC (or something paraphrased not to take out of context) any word on the G4? Have they fixed the lackluster ui and audio hiccups that my g3 has? My fiancee just got her a s6 edge so ill test the waters on that but SS memory is an instant no no fpr me

Sep 5, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #857 of 7,916
Thank you very very much! This is the perfect phone for me (certainly for other audiophiles too) Any infos about the release and the availability?

sounds promising but ibalso need it to be on the tmobile network so i dont have to buy the whole thing outright

Sep 5, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #858 of 7,916
Well hmm my my my well a few ppsts ago someone mentioned LG got a wolfsonDAC (or something paraphrased not to take out of context) any word on the G4? Have they fixed the lackluster ui and audio hiccups that my g3 has? My fiancee just got her a s6 edge so ill test the waters on that but SS memory is an instant no no fpr me

G4 user here! Music runs smoothly. No hiccups, everything sounds great (for a smartphone, that is), though no Wolfson DAC. If you're looking specifically for a Wolfson DAC, you'll be pretty disappointed, but otherwise, the G4 is a great phone, both in music and for everything else.

Sep 6, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #859 of 7,916
My most anticipated phone for best sound ,i think is this phone

www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/dbd43611

Technically, it's a 'phablet', not a phone :)  I'm after something a lot smaller.

Why do manufacturers think that we only want high-spec'd phones to come with gigantic screens?  These days if you want a high-end smartphone under 5" your only options are Sony and Apple.

Sep 6, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #860 of 7,916
My most anticipated phone for best sound ,i think is this phone

www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/dbd43611

With 4 T.I. opa1612 and 4 T.I. LP5907
Using ESS Es9018K2M DAC

From my opinion its the most powerful device when it comes to sound compared to mx4 pro or vivo

It sounds good on paper, but I would wait for some reviews to see how the hardware is implemented and what the operating system is like (highly doubtful it will be vanilla Android). Also, the fact that is uses the Snapdragon 810 is quite off-putting due to the much publicised overheating issues.

Sep 6, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #862 of 7,916
Thank you very very much! This is the perfect phone for me (certainly for other audiophiles too) Any infos about the release and the availability?

Yes i think its the best option for me buy if its already in the market , by the way it uses qualcomm 810 that makes me doubt bec. Of overheating issue probably i will go with the ultimate edition.

Sep 6, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #863 of 7,916
GS6 or iPhone?

I was not impressed with the LG G4's headphone out. I haven't tried the GS6 because there are no tracks available for listening on their demo unit. How's the GS6 sound like? The only Samsung phone I heard was the GS4 and it was pretty good.

The Lumias I had sounded amazing but the software irritates me (actually, only the Music app) already and I need to jump to either on of those.

Thanks!

Sep 6, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #864 of 7,916
Yes i think its the best option for me buy if its already in the market , by the way it uses qualcomm 810 that makes me doubt bec. Of overheating issue probably i will go with the ultimate edition.

They built in a special cooling system! So they won´t be any issues of overheating. 
Can you keep us up with the availability? Would be very kind...

Thanks again!

Sep 6, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #866 of 7,916
Is it true that it uses water as a cooling system? I read it on few sites about it.

I heard it will be available within 2 months. Too long to wait
frown.gif

Not sure about the material/ kind of cooling, but for me the two months are good so I can surely afford it when it comes out...
Concerning coming out, will it come out for the European market or do we need third party sellers again...?

Thanks, again.

Sep 6, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #867 of 7,916
Not sure about the material/ kind of cooling, but for me the two months are good so I can surely afford it when it comes out...
Concerning coming out, will it come out for the European market or do we need third party sellers again...?

Thanks, again.

Well i think the best option is to buy it online. Hoping it will be available
at
www.merimobiles.com

The only shop that has a warehouse at europe in my opinion, good news is you dont need to pay import taxes anymore.

Sep 6, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #868 of 7,916
Well i think the best option is to buy it online. Hoping it will be available
at
www.merimobiles.com

The only shop that has a warehouse at europe in my opinion, good news is you dont need to pay import taxes anymore.

Thanks.
Exactly!
Another options are oppomart(with a certain kind of taxfree shipping), tradingshenzen and honorbuy in some cases...

Sep 6, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #869 of 7,916
Technically, it's a 'phablet', not a phone :)  I'm after something a lot smaller.

Why do manufacturers think that we only want high-spec'd phones to come with gigantic screens?  These days if you want a high-end smartphone under 5" your only options are Sony and Apple.

Lots of people nowadays want bigger screen to play video games and watch videos.

Sep 6, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #870 of 7,916
Lots of people nowadays want bigger screen to play video games and watch videos.

Is that the reason why it's near-impossible to get a high-spec'd phone under 5"?

It seems that only a couple of years ago people were happy to play games and watch videos on their 3.5" iPhones, even though I always thought that was too small.  Why no middle ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back