Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #826 of 7,916
im not sure which phone to grab.. 

pending between z3c and note4.
note4 i can buy new for 440€
z3c for 340€.

any ideas ?

i only care about sound , selfiecamera. im open for other suggestions.
i only use spotify as my music source.

Sep 2, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #827 of 7,916
Love my Lumia 930 for compressed files. it can't handle lossless very well though - but the sound is 
pretty much faultless
Beautiful GUI - I wish my HM-901 had software like that!
Only 32gig and no SD card but with MP3/AAC that's enough room, leaving lots of memory
for the astonishingly good camera.

Sep 2, 2015 at 7:52 AM Post #829 of 7,916
I think the lg g3 or the g2 has a wolfson

I can personally say I pray the LG G3 doesn't because if you haven't read my earlier complaints with this phone you should. *I'm getting (and have gotten) hiccups when playing my music*

Sep 2, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #831 of 7,916
Man ... Note 5 is awesome. Forget what the spec sheets say. This phone does not have the hiccups of the S6 or edge. I had an HTC M7 and note 4 (with a bunch of spares). There are a couple apps that can help to better manage background apps specifically for the note 5 on xda (without root).

Sep 2, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #833 of 7,916

not the g3 it uses a 
Cirrus Logic (CS35L32) chip, Cirrus Logic acquired Wolfson around 4 months after launch of the g3.

.....Seriously 
mad.gif

Sep 2, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #834 of 7,916
  Love my Lumia 930 for compressed files. it can't handle lossless very well though - but the sound is 
pretty much faultless
Beautiful GUI - I wish my HM-901 had software like that!
Only 32gig and no SD card but with MP3/AAC that's enough room, leaving lots of memory
for the astonishingly good camera.

Agree. I have a Lumia 1520 (same specs. Just the bigger brother with a MicroSD card slot) and I think it sounds really good. But the GUI, while I agree to an extent, the app itself is just tasking. I definitely can drag and drop albums but my playlists are messed up.

Groove for Windows 10M is pure garbage honestly and the Hub Tile is broken in W10M. Back on WP8.1 the Xbox Music app doesn't sometimes read my playlists and the Hub Tile honestly is a savior, a stripped down version of Music+Videos of WP8. Every year the music app deteriorates and I'm definitely not happy about that.

The GUI of WP is the reason I'm on the platform in the first place and they're definitely ruining the chances of me still supporting it. With the iPhone 6S coming and the Xperia Z5 (which is gorgeous btw, just revealed a few hours ago), I'm not sure whether to stay on the platform or not. My only problem is the music app. They just need to bring back Music+Videos and get done with it. The new apps are obviously not working.

Sep 3, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #835 of 7,916
Hey all, I just picked up an iphone 6 (contract w/ US Cellular). I am excited, as it is a huge leap over my Moto E 2nd Gen that I had prior.

What are your thoughts on the iphone 6 as an audio player?

Will this drive a wide variety of 'phones?

Any/all comments and opinions are welcome.

Thanks!

Sep 3, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #837 of 7,916
  Hey all, I just picked up an iphone 6 (contract w/ US Cellular). I am excited, as it is a huge leap over my Moto E 2nd Gen that I had prior.

What are your thoughts on the iphone 6 as an audio player?

Will this drive a wide variety of 'phones?

Any/all comments and opinions are welcome.

Thanks!

iPhone 6 has good sound quality but is a bit on the lean side. I wish it had fuller sound. Thus, I think it pairs better with headphones that have full sound. It doesn't pair well with analytical, lean sounding headphones.

Sep 3, 2015 at 3:52 AM Post #838 of 7,916
  iPhone 6 has good sound quality but is a bit on the lean side. I wish it had fuller sound. Thus, I think it pairs better with headphones that have full sound. It doesn't pair well with analytical, lean sounding headphones.

Thanks for your input. I will probably be using with my Beats solo2's until I can upgrade to something better.

Yeah, I know..Beats, but the Solo2 is actually on Tyll's wall of fame. Admittedly, they are fun headphones and sound decent (IMO), although far from what I would consider audiophile quality. i will be testing the iphone with the rest of my (small) collection this weekend. Your comments lead me to believe that it will not pair well with my Senn 598...

Sep 3, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #839 of 7,916
Right guys I'm back again :blush:

Currently testing the following with my new Demon AH M440 and the Etymotic ER4PT...

Note 4 N910c - Exynos Model
Sony Z3c
Vivo X5 Pro

Against my leaders MX4 Pro and iPhone 4S

I will return with my results very soon ☺

Sep 4, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #840 of 7,916
OMG! Z5 Premium is definitely on my radar! :drool:

Hope the SQ matches up to everything else, but even if not... Hmmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back