Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #811 of 7,916
I want 4 gb ram phone and zenfone 2 is the only viable option. Oneplus two and note 5 does not have microsd slot, which is a must for me.

Hi.

I have similar needs so i found this: http://www.gsmarena.com/zte_axon_lux-7441.php Snapdragon 810, 4gb, quad display, 5.5inch, dual sim (or sim + sd).
There are few reviews of pro version - 32gb, with or without fingerprint sensor. It supposedly has great audio.

I am waiting for some founds to buy the lux version :)

Aug 31, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #812 of 7,916
Can I ask sincerely, what apps use that much RAM?

My S6 Edge has 3gb of RAM, but all it does is keep reloading Facebook and suchlike whenever you kill them, so it still just sits there with not much free!

...also, iOS still gets away with 1gb...

Aug 31, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #813 of 7,916
The Sony C5 sounds pretty promising as well (200gb micro slow) but I'm looking into the Z3+. I'm really impressed with what it's got (plus 128gb compatible) wonder if a Z4 will be coming out soon. It seems minus the built in D.A.C. Sony's answering my wants that the ZTE Axom has for audio.

Edit: Looked online and Sony's holding a press release on the Z5 which leaked stats (take with grain obviously) are boosting some seriously impressive specs

Aug 31, 2015 at 6:42 AM Post #814 of 7,916
The Sony C5 sounds pretty promising as well (200gb micro slow) but I'm looking into the Z3+. I'm really impressed with what it's got (plus 128gb compatible) wonder if a Z4 will be coming out soon. It seems minus the built in D.A.C. Sony's answering my wants that the ZTE Axom has for audio
Z5 is due to be released to the world this month at IFA...

That is one thing that is putting me off of Sony, how quickly they cycle their TOTL handsets :frowning2:

Apparently, information re it can be found here

Aug 31, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #815 of 7,916
Z5 is due to be released to the world this month at IFA...

That is one thing that is putting me off of Sony, how quickly they cycle their TOTL handsets
frown.gif

Apparently, information re it can be found here

Got me just before my edit haha but it sounds pretty impressive from the page I found and even more for the linked page you added. So any phones you wanna put in the ring? Heard anything from the ZTE Axom? I personally don't care about much other specs so long as I can add memory and it's focused on great sound quality

Aug 31, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #817 of 7,916

My S6 Edge has 3gb of RAM, but all it does is keep reloading Facebook and suchlike whenever you kill them, so it still just sits there with not much free!

Not anymore... iPhone 6S will have 1 GB ram.

Aug 31, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #819 of 7,916

Iphone is a different story, because it uses different architecture when it comes to opening apps and storing them in memory. That's why apps and games stay open in the background without closing, even on 1 gb device. Android uses Java and so called "garbage collector", thats why it needs a lot more power to keep apps in the background.

Galaxy s6 in particular is really bad with memory management beacuse of poor software optimization. In reality, it performs even worse than galaxy s4, when it comes to keeping apps in the background. People are hoping for samsung to release a fix, but I don't think they care, because few days ago, galaxy note 5 was released with 4 gb of ram, and it has the same problem with memory management. I lost all hope for samsung devices. If you want to check out comperison of just how bad samsung is with memory optimizations, check this video:

https://youtu.be/x5mRrAkCiV8?t=63

In the first run, s6 won because it has superior processor. But on 2:06, he is re-opening the apps to test multitasking capabilities. S6 just gets smoked in this round, despite the fact that they both feature 3 gb of ram. S6 has to reload everything, while g4 stored all apps in memory for quick access.

Aug 31, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #820 of 7,916
  ZTE Axon seems to have some issues with crosstalk:
http://www.gsmarena.com/zte_axon_pro-review-1282p6.php

That´s not the only issue, technically speaking. It has the first version of the hot headed SD 810, it runs extremely hot and throttles...

EDIT: Not the first version, but still, the overheating is much much worse than the likes of a M9...

Aug 31, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #821 of 7,916
Wow super glad i looked into this thread so Sony's looking pretty good my manager has the z3 and loves it though when listening im thinking the audio was a little off but that was a quick hear

Aug 31, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #822 of 7,916
Wow super glad i looked into this thread so Sony's looking pretty good my manager has the z3 and loves it though when listening im thinking the audio was a little off but that was a quick hear

It is certainly not the best but...lets say somewhat "better" than the rest together with M9 and iPhone 6 and S6 Edge+...

Technically(or hardware) speaking following phones are the best: Meizu MX4 Pro; Xiaomi Note Pro, LeTV One Pro; Vivo X5...

Aug 31, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #823 of 7,916

It is certainly not the best but...lets say somewhat "better" than the rest together with M9 and iPhone 6 and S6 Edge+...

Technically(or hardware) speaking following phones are the best: Meizu MX4 Pro; Xiaomi Note Pro, LeTV One Pro; Vivo X5...

The S6 is the only considerable options of those listen. The M9 I feel has to notable a bass increase that I feel its beyond not being realistic. The Iphone 6+ didn't sound any different that my current phone (LG G3). I've never head of the other models listed but def will look into em

Aug 31, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #824 of 7,916

My HTC one M9 sounds great when streaming Tidal / playing digital out to usb dac/ or right into headphones that have
low impedance.  headphone setting of "other" gives best audio quality and not too much bass like theatre
mode or HTC mode does.  However, high rez streaming causes phone to overhead, throttle and sometimes shut down.
They were supposed to have fixed this with a software adjustment months ago.  i just went into Verizen
and their solution is to send me a replacement warrenty phone. it came today, but i have to go in and have
them set it up, so we shall see if they fixed the issue with high rez streaming overheating the phone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back