Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2015 at 7:30 AM Post #796 of 7,916
  never mind.................the Lumia  
angry_face.gif
 sucked with "the earbuds connected directely"  

The L640? Sorry to hear that.

The XL sounds decent. The 730 I can vouch for as being as good as some flagships although not as loud as the M8 or iPhones. Sorry I didn't reply earlier I was at the hospital.

Aug 29, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #797 of 7,916
Hi there, had the Alpha for 2days testing and I would select the Z3 over the Alpha. The Sammy is beautifully engineered and feels nice in the hand and pocket and the sound is good but there are so many reasons you go for the Z3.

Battery life when listening to music and using just as a phone you would be at the charge port so much with the Alpha.

No MicroSD slot so your limited to the storage on the phone where with the Z3 you have phone and additional storage option! If you like a smaller phone like the Alpha don't forget the Z3c :grin:

Hope this helps :blush:

P.s. the Alpha doesn't deliver anything better in sound to choose over the Z3

Thank you! But, does Z3 and Z3C sound the same?

Aug 30, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #800 of 7,916
Have you tried Galaxy S6?

Hi Deadeye, yes I've tried both S6 and Edge. They are great sounding with a great power output I just found them to be a touch high in brightness in the mid to high range.

Aug 30, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #801 of 7,916
Hi Deadeye, yes I've tried both S6 and Edge. They are great sounding with a great power output I just found them to be a touch high in brightness in the mid to high range.

When you did your comparison was this with COH2 firmware? it's should be basically the same as Note 5, so just wandering maybe samsung improved the SQ with newest firmware COH2 

Aug 30, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #803 of 7,916
Any reviews or Impressions on the ZTE Axom? I'm due for an upgrade tomorrow but my issue is the SS memory. I've already filled up my 64gb Micro SD and though I'm sure I can downsample my lossless to FLAC when syncing from my laptop to my phone I've just no idea how (if you know please help me via here or PM). So almost all the HIFI phones I'm seeing have all SS (S6, Edge, Axom) how's the Sony? Can it handle a 128gb

Aug 30, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #804 of 7,916
How is ASUS Zenfone 2 audio quality via headphone jack ? I want 4 gb ram phone and zenfone 2 is the only viable option. Oneplus two and note 5 does not have microsd slot, which is a must for me. So, can someone report ? I heard that it is a bit bassy, but GSM Arena says that audio quality is very good, and stereo crosstalk is better than all flagships, even better than htc m8. Check here:

http://prntscr.com/8an1xq

And htc m8 and m9:

http://prntscr.com/8an222

Does anyone have zenfone 2 so he can report on this?

Aug 30, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #805 of 7,916
  How is ASUS Zenfone 2 audio quality via headphone jack ? I want 4 gb ram phone and zenfone 2 is the only viable option. Oneplus two and note 5 does not have microsd slot, which is a must for me. So, can someone report ? I heard that it is a bit bassy, but GSM Arena says that audio quality is very good, and stereo crosstalk is better than all flagships, even better than htc m8. Check here:

http://prntscr.com/8an1xq

And htc m8 and m9:

http://prntscr.com/8an222

Does anyone have zenfone 2 so he can report on this?

Measurements are one thing for sure, low distortion is always good, but sound signature is another thing. For example, a cold, analytical sound with extreme low distortion won´t wow people as much as a slightly v-shaped frequency response with smooth mids, as the distortion can be higher, people wouldn´t mind... (In general, exceptions are always there)...

Concerning the Phone itself: Great device for the price, but get the version with more RAM...

Aug 30, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #806 of 7,916

Measurements are one thing for sure, low distortion is always good, but sound signature is another thing. For example, a cold, analytical sound with extreme low distortion won´t wow people as much as a slightly v-shaped frequency response with smooth mids, as the distortion can be higher, people wouldn´t mind... (In general, exceptions are always there)...

Concerning the Phone itself: Great device for the price, but get the version with more RAM...

Yeah, as I stated in my post, im searching for 4 gb phone, so I meant zenfone 4 gb model. Do you have it?

Aug 31, 2015 at 6:10 AM Post #810 of 7,916
  I would second that - Z3C sounds excellent and the battery never ever runs out....

Exactly. Chinese phones are the superior in the audio department, but the lack of micro sd and the fact that they are expensive(because of third-party-sellers) is a bummer...
I hope Sony makes some changes with its new flagships, or the Chinese learn to build in a micro sd module...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back