Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #76 of 7,916

1. Yes there were. The moment you said "open your eyes wider" you became very offensive, very rude. The wink makes it worse.

Sorry, maybe it looked like this, i really did not mean it. The point is that so much ode singing i heard towards Samsung and HTC everywhere - I just wanted to drag people's attention to something different. It was emotional, yes, but not rude - believe me. I don't like this.

Anyway, now I sold my two smartphones and was looking for dual-SIM phone with more or less decent sound. I've bought Alcatel Idol X+, it was almost the only choice (because I also meant about 5", good battery). Though, I am not sure Senheiser IE80 I owe now is the best earbuds choice for it...

Jul 25, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #78 of 7,916
I found a thread about Nexus 5 being dead silent even with high sensitivity IEM.
People really seem to like it. I cant confirm becouse I dont have high sensitivity IEMs :D
(But its really killer deal compared to iPhone or any samsung or htc flagship phone) 

Jul 29, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #79 of 7,916
the LG G2 was the first phone w/ 24 bit 192Khz audio playback. There are only 3 cells that have this including the new LG G3..which is the main reason I got it. I think the HTC m8 and the nokia Lumia sound great for external speakers, but for headphones I decided on the G3 because I'm not going to blare my smartphone music out in public and if I'm home I'm not about to listen to a smartphone when I can fire up a much nicer system. At work I use headphones and can use my phone which sounds fabulous.

Jul 29, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #80 of 7,916
the LG G2 was the first phone w/ 24 bit 192Khz audio playback. There are only 3 cells that have this including the new LG G3..which is the main reason I got it. I think the HTC m8 and the nokia Lumia sound great for external speakers, but for headphones I decided on the G3 because I'm not going to blare my smartphone music out in public and if I'm home I'm not about to listen to a smartphone when I can fire up a much nicer system. At work I use headphones and can use my phone which sounds fabulous.

Sep 18, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #82 of 7,916
Just want to confirm. I have VSD3 which hiss on my laptop and my iPod 5.5 but dead silent on my N5...

Oct 15, 2014 at 5:59 AM Post #83 of 7,916
I have main requirement for my phone - sound quality.
I had HTC One S (beats), tested iPhone 5, Samsung S3, tested Nexus 5... now I own Oppo Find 5.

Oppo Find 5 have the best sound amplifier, clarity and body. Of course, You are bound to use Dolby/Dirac HD mode in native Color OS for this performance.

iPhone 5 just about as good, as Oppo 5, with some difference in terms of sound presentation.

Oct 15, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #84 of 7,916
HTC really does make some good audio quality phones.
I bought the 816 for 199 usd when it first came out, put Neutron on it, Poweramp treble dial didn't work but could be adjusted through the equalizer, I dumped it in favor of Neutron. Audio quality is so much better on the HTC, better than the clip+ and my Cowan D2. Quad core, plus the phone will take a 128gb micro sd. Never lags, stutters etc. And you can make calls on it but you won't want to. 5.5 inch screen and battery that lasts all day and then some.

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_desire_816-review-1079p7.php

Oct 16, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #85 of 7,916
Are there any results on the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact? I was planning on driving a Fischer Amp FA-3E (20 Hz - 17,5 kHz, 17 Ohm, 114Db) without using an Amp. I don't like having additional gear on me when I'm busy throughout the day.

Nov 11, 2014 at 6:29 AM Post #87 of 7,916
Sound of HTC One is clean, but that's it. It's dull, boring. There is no "meat" in it. You'd better go with iPhone or Samsung.

Other variants include:
BBK VIVO XPlay, 3s, XShot (simple the best brand for sound)
Meizu MX2(3, 4)
Alcatel Idol X+

Dec 3, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #88 of 7,916
  Are there any results on the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact? I was planning on driving a Fischer Amp FA-3E (20 Hz - 17,5 kHz, 17 Ohm, 114Db) without using an Amp. I don't like having additional gear on me when I'm busy throughout the day.

I am also very keen to know about the Sony Z3 Compact for sound, I have tried it at the Sony shop but hard to judge properly, also an external amp would make the difference too...

My reviews showed that is doesn't compete for SQ with the ZX1, after all its a Phone. I see the iPhones continue to get strong support...6 and 6 plus...ahem....

Oh from a phone POV...the Z3 is a clear winner features wise...so this is more about amp, SQ and Player features...

Dec 9, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #89 of 7,916
My experience : 

1. The cleanest output on a smartphone : Iphone 5s
2. The most powerful amp : Nokia N91 and HTC 8s
3. The most enjoying SQ : HTC One M7
4. The worst output power : All Sony Xperia as from 2012, however I really enjoyed previous Sony-Ericsson devices 
5. The worst SQ : Samsung Galaxy S2
6. The best low cost audiophile smartphone : Nokia 5310, it drove my Koss Porta Pro better than any smartphone I owned
7. The best all rounder : Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Dec 17, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #90 of 7,916
Hi all,

Saw this article and decided to dig further and find out more about Audio for Smartphone

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Phones-for-audiophiles-5-Android-handsets-with-quality-sound-processors_id63856

I would like to find out what are the factors or what determines one smartphone is better than the other in terms of audio?

ie audio codec? aptX ? processor?

Cheers!

ps; this is my very first post in this forumn and I would like to find out more which phone is good for audio / what additional devices that i can do to enhance the audio features / functions for my smartphone. (using primarily internet radio, SKY.FM / Pandora & some MP3). I would greatly appreciate if anyone can advice me / point me to the correct sub-forumn topics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back