Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Oct 6, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #1,981 of 5,166
Which sounds better than note9?

I ended up getting the Note 9 + Earstudio 100 which is a fantastic combination that gives me 512GB + SD card, fantastic sound quality, a wire free smartphone and at the same time the benefit of having my beloved note 9 as a modern user interface for my music and the freedom to choose which ever music app I want like Rocket Player which gives me quick access to song rating features. when commuting I only use this combination, at work I mainly use my DX200 which has stellar audio quality that clearly surpasses the Note 9 + ES100 setup but is worse in every other aspect when compared to the Note 9+ES100 - and I dont mean the DX200 is a pain to use, that's not the case at all, but I'm just so in love with the convenience and possibilities the Note9+ES100 offer me in contrast

Oct 6, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #1,982 of 5,166
and by the way, Note 9 + ES100 to me personally is so good that I would have no problem using it as a permanent solution for my music, even though as I mentioned I can clearly hear a difference in terms of quality when using my DX200, but it's not so much a case of average quality vs stellar quality but very good quality compared to stellar quality

Oct 6, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #1,985 of 5,166
Sorry for the off topic have someone listened to pioneer XDP-300R? If we compare it to lgv30 + ?
Interesting. I owned an Onkyo DPX1a which I believe is similar to the Pioneer version. The DPX1a also had dual Sabre ES9018K2M DACs and could decode MQA Tidal files as well. It sounded great but had some potential hardware issues such as loose headphone connections/jacks, battery life wasn't that great, and it only had 32/64 GB although it has dual micro sd card slots. It was better sounding than my LG V20 by a pretty good margin but I didn't do a head to head with my old V30+. It's not a fair comparison because the DPX1a is primarily a music player and is designed as such.

Oct 6, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #1,986 of 5,166
Interesting. I owned an Onkyo DPX1a which I believe is similar to the Pioneer version. The DPX1a also had dual Sabre ES9018K2M DACs and could decode MQA Tidal files as well. It sounded great but had some potential hardware issues such as loose headphone connections/jacks, battery life wasn't that great, and it only had 32/64 GB although it has dual micro sd card slots. It was better sounding than my LG V20 by a pretty good margin but I didn't do a head to head with my old V30+. It's not a fair comparison because the DPX1a is primarily a music player and is designed as such.
Thanks for your answer i am looking for a new dap my old sflo2 died lol and i found it quite cheap 310 euro i dont know if i can post link.

Oct 6, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #1,987 of 5,166
Thanks for your answer i am looking for a new dap my old sflo2 died lol and i found it quite cheap 310 euro i dont know if i can post link.
Hopefully, the Pioneer version doesn't have any of the connection/jack issues. Other than that, it should sound really good. My old DPX1a gave my SP1000 a run for its money...

Oct 6, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #1,988 of 5,166
Hopefully, the Pioneer version doesn't have any of the connection/jack issues. Other than that, it should sound really good. My old DPX1a gave my SP1000 a run for its money...
Wonder if you had a chance to try the 64 audio a18t or u18t with v30? Imho, the best iem ever and a really good combination.

The forte didn't sound good to me on lg but sounded awesome on macbook pro but i definitely prefer u18t.

Oct 6, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #1,989 of 5,166
Wonder if you had a chance to try the 64 audio a18t or u18t with v30? Imho, the best iem ever and a really good combination.

The forte didn't sound good to me on lg but sounded awesome on macbook pro but i definitely prefer u18t.
No, I've never heard the u18t - would like to try some day though...But I did own the U12 and the bass was overpowering for me.

Oct 7, 2018 at 1:42 AM Post #1,990 of 5,166
To all the Vivo Nex users here.

Can you tell me how is the software updates going on ? Am not expecting crazy fast updates as Pixel or OnePlus but is at atleast better than LG ? (As LG and Vivo are only left out with audio quality phones)

Please reply

Oct 7, 2018 at 1:58 AM Post #1,991 of 5,166
To all the Vivo Nex users here.

Can you tell me how is the software updates going on ? Am not expecting crazy fast updates as Pixel or OnePlus but is at atleast better than LG ? (As LG and Vivo are only left out with audio quality phones)

Please reply

Depend on whether nex s is global rom(Hong Kong) or china rom.

If it is china rom, it gets update around every 2 week. While global rom is around 1 per month or less.

Oct 8, 2018 at 4:56 AM Post #1,992 of 5,166
Yesterday I was buying almost the LG v30+. But I remain between V30+ and Nokia8 (As I write before due to the high prices in Turkey).
I did walk in the streets and I ask to the shops that are selling and also fix phones. I ask to a few people about LG in general and especiall about V30+. I had a frustration about the service o LG. Because all the guys says don't buy LG because 1) they have a lot of mainboard problems (especially the G3-G4-G5) 2) the service in Turkey is not good and maybe will close the office in Turkey.
So I'm thinking about Nokia8. But I'm not sure... Or Huawei, Samsung, Apple.....Or.....??

Oct 8, 2018 at 5:26 AM Post #1,993 of 5,166
Yesterday I was buying almost the LG v30+. But I remain between V30+ and Nokia8 (As I write before due to the high prices in Turkey).
I did walk in the streets and I ask to the shops that are selling and also fix phones. I ask to a few people about LG in general and especiall about V30+. I had a frustration about the service o LG. Because all the guys says don't buy LG because 1) they have a lot of mainboard problems (especially the G3-G4-G5) 2) the service in Turkey is not good and maybe will close the office in Turkey.
So I'm thinking about Nokia8. But I'm not sure... Or Huawei, Samsung, Apple.....Or.....??
Yes some older lgs had mainboard issues bootloops etc i also had a bootlooped gflex 2 but i think that current phones are ok (after v10)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back