Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Nov 1, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #691 of 5,166
No sadly, I will get the fiio during Christmas, hopefully at the same time with axon 7 of gearbest doesn't cancel the orders..
Once again, thanks a lot for your input, it really helps me.

What I would probably do if I were you is research which is the better phone overall between the Leeco and the Axon, if you decide that it's the Axon then maybe you can sell the Leeco and now you have headphone jack with a good DAC, awesome speakers, no extra bulk or adapters while mobile then Fiio while home for more relaxed listening....it's a really good device I hope I didn't sound too negative....

Nov 1, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #692 of 5,166
Thanks a lot for your inputs lxlx and RedSky0.

I saw it at 194 euros on Gearbest, didn't even think and straight ordered it. However, I started doubting a bit after.. I have some questions if you don't mind answering :

-Some people say the dac only works with the stock music player. Is it true? And people complain about missing stuff on the stock music player, can you please confirm the ability to shuffle on the player?

-I also purchased a Fiio q1. Do you think the sound quality will be superior than the q1?

-Will there be any improvement if I amp it with Q1 or is it pointless?

-Is it better to enable or disable dolby while listening to music?

Thanks a lot.

DAC works with PowerAmp Alpha* (also some other players), google it you will see how to do it. I never used the stock player.

Can't comment on the Q1. Assume if you bought it you can A/B test and tell us the result :)

I never felt the need to use Dolby, from what I remember it made the headphone out muddier but my memory could be wrong. Again, you can always A/B test to see if you like it.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #694 of 5,166
Nov 2, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #695 of 5,166
Nov 2, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #698 of 5,166
I'm excited by the incoming phone from Razer.

I just finished watching the Razer keynote. The 8GB of RAM and 120Hz definitely caught my eye but it's crazy that they're touting audio specs on yet another new phone with no headphone jack. Guess I'll need to carry a small DAP with me along with a phone in the near future. So much for future-proof specs when I'm back to carrying 2 devices.

Nov 3, 2017 at 5:17 AM Post #699 of 5,166
Mmm I only saw that it didn't have a headphone jack after I posted. I wouldn't buy the Pixel 2 because of the lack of one and the faffery that'd be involved to hook up my cans, but the adaptor that comes with the Razer looks simple enough to mitigate those annoyances. Fingers crossed that it is!

Nov 3, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #700 of 5,166
Mmm I only saw that it didn't have a headphone jack after I posted. I wouldn't buy the Pixel 2 because of the lack of one and the faffery that'd be involved to hook up my cans, but the adaptor that comes with the Razer looks simple enough to mitigate those annoyances. Fingers crossed that it is!

I thought all audio adapters that come no-jack-phones have the same form?

Nov 3, 2017 at 5:47 AM Post #701 of 5,166
Possibly. Probably! What I meant was, that I'm hoping the DAC within the included adaptor is enough of an improvement over standard phone DACs (like the one in my S7) that I won't always have to plug my Mojo in to get decent sound, seeing as audio quality is one of the phones USPs.

Nov 7, 2017 at 7:03 AM Post #704 of 5,166
any of you that owns either a V20 or G6, how do they fare with high impedance like the HD 600. I'm going to travel around in the coming months and I'm thinking of either upgrading my pro 5 or get a low impedance headphone.

Nov 7, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #705 of 5,166
For me, G6 without adapter when driving quad dac was worse than without power, I found that it was a defect, when I put the adapter I could enjoy the true quad dac.[/QUOTE
For me, G6 without adapter when driving quad dac was worse than without power, I found that it was a defect, when I put the adapter I could enjoy the true quad dac.
What kind of adapter you are using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back