Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Aug 20, 2017 at 3:46 AM Post #243 of 5,166
After various issues with Axon 7 related to stock OS, I tried the V20. Personally I prefer the more v-shaped Axon 7's sound signature. The Axon's OLED screen is also considerably better than the LG's LCD (full blacks on OLED when using it at night are hard to give up), and I was surprised how much I missed the dual front facing speakers. Went back to Axon 7 and installed Lineage OS (ResurrectionRemix), practically bug free for me, ended up selling the V20.

Aug 20, 2017 at 4:40 AM Post #244 of 5,166
After various issues with Axon 7 related to stock OS, I tried the V20. Personally I prefer the more v-shaped Axon 7's sound signature. The Axon's OLED screen is also considerably better than the LG's LCD (full blacks on OLED when using it at night are hard to give up), and I was surprised how much I missed the dual front facing speakers. Went back to Axon 7 and installed Lineage OS (ResurrectionRemix), practically bug free for me, ended up selling the V20.
Yeah for me the dual front speakers is a must have, so only reasonable upgrade from my mini was the vibe x3, have to say like it a lot more, plus it has no eu limitations on output level. In europe if One wan't s dual speaker axon7 mini and axon 7 are the only real options.

Aug 20, 2017 at 5:32 AM Post #245 of 5,166
HTC 10 + Neutron users - is OTG USB working for you? On my M8 I'm not able to make Neutron see the USB files (no issues with stock file browser though). Do you have any tricks/suggestions for that?

Aug 20, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #247 of 5,166
Between these two the G6 has it by a hair. If you have the V20, getting the G6 may make you smile, but I wouldn't recommend it as a necessary upgrade. The V20 is really good already, and there is little between them

Thanks for that. I am considering dumping separate DAP (Calyx M and Onkyo DPX1). I have a G5, and could easily upgrade to the G6, but would miss the removeable battery. But likely could make it work. How does the G6 compare to a dedicated DAP like those listed here? Thanks in advance to all.

Aug 20, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #248 of 5,166
Thanks for that. I am considering dumping separate DAP (Calyx M and Onkyo DPX1). I have a G5, and could easily upgrade to the G6, but would miss the removeable battery. But likely could make it work. How does the G6 compare to a dedicated DAP like those listed here? Thanks in advance to all.

Keep calyx M cuz you will never find any smartphone can do at that level. You could sell dpx1.

Aug 23, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #251 of 5,166
Just noticed this

https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_681619.html?wid=11

1502430513355241.jpg

Don't know how good it will be but just thought I'd share

Aug 23, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #252 of 5,166
Dear Artpiggo

I also recommend you should add Umidigi z pro to this armamentarium of best music smartphones.
Speaker is everage. But audio quality is excellent via headphones. It is comparable with lg v10 or v20. Better than htc 10, meizu pro 5. Sound is clean, clearity and good volume. Low is powerful, vocal is close, treble is not harsh.

Aug 25, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #255 of 5,166
Hello great people of head fi.

Need a quick recommendation on two phones.

Alcatel idol 4s

Huawei Mate 8 (heard great things about it)

Each one costs around $350 wherei live.

Personal preference is neutral signature with wider soundstage.

Other phones mentioned in page are not available in my region.

Current mobile setup is htc m7 + fiio a3 + h668b

Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back