Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Dec 4, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #812 of 5,166
Why does no one talk about S8 Exynos SQ? is it really that bad?
Not that bad. Probably just average but I didn't hear it. Smartphones in this list here use specific audiophile grade audio decoding chips (DAC) and often quite powerfull amp for a mobile device. If you use quality headphones they are in another league. Most smartphones on the market take a cheaper route and use the audio part from their SOC (snapdragon or exynos for example).

Dec 4, 2017 at 2:25 AM Post #813 of 5,166
Not that bad. Probably just average but I didn't hear it. Smartphones in this list here use specific audiophile grade audio decoding chips (DAC) and often quite powerfull amp for a mobile device. If you use quality headphones they are in another league. Most smartphones on the market take a cheaper route and use the audio part from their SOC (snapdragon or exynos for example).

This is what i dont understand i looked in spec sheet for Cyrus and Sabre and they basically match so why do people say Sabre is higher end?

Dec 4, 2017 at 2:46 AM Post #814 of 5,166
This is what i dont understand i looked in spec sheet for Cyrus and Sabre and they basically match so why do people say Sabre is higher end?

Who? Reference?

Dec 4, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #816 of 5,166
I mean people you mention that "people say Sabre is higher end"

Dec 4, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #818 of 5,166
That is because LG advertisement on Quad dac technology emphasize while samsung is just like "oh we have just random underrated cirrus dac-amp which doesn't even use in desktop Hi-end DAC."
while ESS sabre are good at collaborating with many companies, they have technologists, advertisers, sales marketing so well.

But even without advertisement, if you can access to the smartphone shop and try by yourself. You will know at just first 10 second that LG V30 has better sound than SS provide.

Dec 4, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #819 of 5,166
I have V30 and i have tried Note 8 exynos. Was using SoundMagic E10 and noticed that Note as tad louder.

Signature was different between these two. But you can always adjust that do your liking using something like Viper4Android can you not?

And yes i know that v30 can output more power when its on high impedance mode. Im more curious about the SQ then amp

Dec 4, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #820 of 5,166
You should go try with other mid-fi in ear monitor. But after you realize that you like SS more. you should sell V30 and go for Note8 instead.

Dec 4, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #822 of 5,166
I am in a dilemma right now. I could get my hands on a used mint condition LG V20 for 25% less compared a brand new ZTE Axon 7. Should i take it LG V20 instead or invest in the ZTE Axon 7?

Save 25%. Better go for V20. Then when you save money enough, go for Campfire Andromeda. Audiophile route is neverending. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back