Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Sep 24, 2019 at 5:39 AM Post #2,778 of 5,166
So does the LG G8s have the same quad dac as the regular G8?, I was under the impression that it was a watered down version and it didn't have that feature.
Just bought and tested the LG G8s with USB Audio Player PRO, FLAC etc, it is worse than my old Samsung S6 and my new Xiaomi Pocophone F1, and 8 year old defect sound card on PC, even with DAC/AMP

Sep 24, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #2,779 of 5,166
I've told you. :wink:

There're 2 options now.

Sell all your phones and buy Lg V40/50.
Get an ES100 to boost your satisfaction for mobile and stationary listening with your crappy PC sound. :beyersmile:

But keep in mind that a high volume level isn't equal to sound quality.

Sep 24, 2019 at 7:36 AM Post #2,782 of 5,166
but any USC DAC better, and new PC with motherboard too.

Sure.
But the convenience of such small devices like the ES100 is much higher.
Its all about your needs, at least. :wink:

Sep 24, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #2,783 of 5,166
LG phone camera bad and expensive just any usb dac/amp better :beyersmile:

I doubt this.
I've bought V30 for the quality of sound, to drive my fav headphones and for the convenience not to carry several devices.
There's no Usb-dac to compete w/ LG's Quad-Dac out there, except battery powered ones.

Sep 29, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #2,784 of 5,166
I have owned the Le Max 2 for the last 2 years and I must say, combined with the original CDLA Earbuds that emits a glowy Led light are truly out of this world !
You have to hear it to believe it, it's a true Hi-fi enthusiasts wet dream :)

Overall clarity of the audio is way beyond my expectations. The lows, highs and mids are distinctly separated, having trebles that's more evident that the bass, but with some EQ tuning and other add ins on the rooted device, the world for audiophiles is customisable...

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #2,785 of 5,166
Hello, from what I understand, no head phone jack phones have to get theire digital signal converted with the dongle dac jack adapter.

That said, does anyone tryed razer phone 2 dongle audio quality? What does it give aside references such as LG's quad dac and vivo xplay 6, Nex s?

Any news about dongle release?

I am worried to spend a lot to get a "audiophile" phone again to replace my died v20 which was not bad in audio but was to bright to my taste, considering theire prices of those phones especially if it is possible do plug a premium dongle dac on any smartphone which means now having more choice between the phone of the market.

Cheers

Oct 3, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #2,786 of 5,166
It depends on the headphones you want do drive with it, i think.
For low impedance high sensitive iems, ibasso do a good job with the DC02.

If you want to drive more power hungry headphones, there's nothing as conveniened as a LG V-Series Phone with its build in amp.

Its up to you now. :)

Oct 4, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #2,787 of 5,166
I still have the LG V30 and I have the option to upgrade in a couple months. Are the V50 or G8 a real improvement over the V30 in terms of SQ? I believe that all other specs are the same, regarding the Quad DAC etc. At the moment, I don't think that an update is needed, unless someone else can tell me that the V50 or G8 is substantially better when it comes to DAC + SQ.

Oct 5, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #2,789 of 5,166
hey, i was the meizu 4 mx pro and love the SQ! but is broken.
search for same SQ und up for a new dap (no need online stream) with warm, detailed for musical instruments&voacle male until 350$ ?

Dx120

Oct 5, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #2,790 of 5,166
I still have the LG V30 and I have the option to upgrade in a couple months. Are the V50 or G8 a real improvement over the V30 in terms of SQ? I believe that all other specs are the same, regarding the Quad DAC etc. At the moment, I don't think that an update is needed, unless someone else can tell me that the V50 or G8 is substantially better when it comes to DAC + SQ.

@wwyjoe Can you answer this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back