Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Aug 31, 2018 at 7:35 PM Post #1,756 of 5,166
I have no choices left. Bluetooth dac/amp option? Btr3? Es100?

Sep 2, 2018 at 5:52 AM Post #1,758 of 5,166
Listening to nex s is sweeter mid than lg v30. NexS provides better Imaging and fuller soundstage. Nex S is warmer than lg v30 thus making music more natural. Nex S provides more bass detail while lg v30 focus on treble and character brighter.

thanks for your recommendation @artpiggo I ended by buying Vivo nex with cirrus DAC. Don't have to access to LG v30/G7 to compare against. Used Nex with campfire comet, HE400i, AKG240. But Nex sounds pretty impressive. But vivo nex software is horrendous

Sep 2, 2018 at 5:53 AM Post #1,759 of 5,166
Listening to nex s is sweeter mid than lg v30. NexS provides better Imaging and fuller soundstage. Nex S is warmer than lg v30 thus making music more natural. Nex S provides more bass detail while lg v30 focus on treble and character brighter.

thanks for your recommendation @artpiggo I ended by buying Vivo nex with cirrus DAC. Don't have to access to LG v30/G7 to compare against. Used Nex with campfire comet, HE400i, AKG240. But Nex sounds pretty impressive. But vivo nex software is horrendous

Sep 2, 2018 at 6:22 AM Post #1,760 of 5,166
looking for a new selfphone, would be nice if it sounds good too so to plug my iem.. even if i think i ll use it not very much in this way
yesterday i went to check lg g6 870ds and v30, they should sound the same
but they are huge!!
all the phones now are very huge!
my perfect size is the iphone8, but coming from iphone6 with big problem of battery an software upgrade i decided to give up with apples
also thinking if a phone like lg v30 will be an upgrade over my dedicated dap hisound studio V anniversary..
which phone could i buy not more than 140-142 mm heigh?
thanks
DM

Sep 2, 2018 at 6:37 AM Post #1,761 of 5,166

Can you explain a bit more about nex software side. Because i like the slund signature of nex from what you said. But i donno about it's os. I can't bear the laggy transition of os between switching apps like in Lg plus i like to have decent software updates. Not as fast as oneplus or pixel updates but still bug fixes fairly decent would be great. Lg lacks there too with launch of Android Pie they just gave now only the oreo update to Indian G6 h870ds version plus they disabled the bootloader unlock for asian lg phones.

I was planning for Oneplus for next phone but audio via headphone jack is still questionable quality of oneplus

Sep 2, 2018 at 7:09 AM Post #1,762 of 5,166
looking for a new selfphone, would be nice if it sounds good too so to plug my iem.. even if i think i ll use it not very much in this way
yesterday i went to check lg g6 870ds and v30, they should sound the same
but they are huge!!
all the phones now are very huge!
my perfect size is the iphone8, but coming from iphone6 with big problem of battery an software upgrade i decided to give up with apples
also thinking if a phone like lg v30 will be an upgrade over my dedicated dap hisound studio V anniversary..
which phone could i buy not more than 140-142 mm heigh?
thanks
DM

Vivo xplay6 still one of best option.

Sep 2, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #1,763 of 5,166
Can you explain a bit more about nex software side. Because i like the slund signature of nex from what you said. But i donno about it's os. I can't bear the laggy transition of os between switching apps like in Lg plus i like to have decent software updates. Not as fast as oneplus or pixel updates but still bug fixes fairly decent would be great. Lg lacks there too with launch of Android Pie they just gave now only the oreo update to Indian G6 h870ds version plus they disabled the bootloader unlock for asian lg phones.

I was planning for Oneplus for next phone but audio via headphone jack is still questionable quality of oneplus

I cant comment on software side. Everything looks fine to me. The latest fw fixes the playstore problem from earlier fw. Which is very impressive for them to fix everything very responsive. Vivo nex has been launched worldwide so the software update is pretty fast and often.
Now camera quality is also better. As well as the front camera. Very impressive device.

If you want to know on software side, check xda webboard: https://forum.xda-developers.com/nex/how-to

Sep 2, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #1,766 of 5,166
I dont want you to miss this magical phone - full of amp power you cant find in many phones nowadays. You wont regret having another 10 mm in pocket.

Sep 2, 2018 at 8:09 AM Post #1,769 of 5,166
Aliexpress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back