Best Single Driver IEM
Oct 9, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #31 of 89
For me, the best single driver I've ever heard is the Sony XBA-1. Sure the bass isn't as prominent as something with a dynamic driver, but the overall sound is very enjoyable.

Mar 23, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #37 of 89
I guess it would be a good idea to try FX1200 (sounds better than FX850, with less bass and better vocal, and easier to drive)

final audio is good at single driver iems. You can have a go with final's heaven vi, vii and viii, and also fi-ba-ss.

Mar 23, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #38 of 89
I guess it would be a good idea to try FX1200 (sounds better than FX850, with less bass and better vocal, and easier to drive)

final audio is good at single driver iems. You can have a go with final's heaven vi, vii and viii, and also fi-ba-ss.

I concur with the fx1100/1200.

The EX1000 should also be mentioned.

Apr 6, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #41 of 89
The new flagship of Shure? 

Apr 6, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #44 of 89
Ρhapsodio Galaxy seems like a TOTL iem (it better be , priced at 1600$)

Jun 20, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #45 of 89
  My own impressions:

Current portable rig Colorfly C3 on Rock EQ > Fiio E12 (bass boost on, 0db gain, crossfeed off) > Dunu DN-2000 which I believe gives me the closest to my preferred sound out of all my gear combinations. Fantastic balanced sounding combo, the sub-bass rolloff on the colorfly is compensated by the EQ and Fiio bass boost, lush but slightly recessed midrange which is good for rock music but enough for vocal centered stuff, and sparkly, extended treble.

(Friend's) Vsonic GR07 Bass - Very good bass response (I would have expected it to be insufficient for a slight basshead like me), slightly sibilant and harsh upper-mid and highs, can be tamed with foam tips. Mids and Highs are really nice, but I found them a bit too thin and fragile for my liking. But a very likeable set of iems that is reflected in its popularity.

(Store Impressions) JVC HA-FX850 - Lots of Bass. Really a lot of Bass. Too much Bass. And I believe that was even after 100+ hours of burn in, whereby the bass is supposed to tone down. It really takes too much emphasis that I was unable to concentrate on the mids and treble, which many say is top-tier quality. But they are pretty good from what I remember. Good soundstage, good timbre, but too much bass.

Would also help if anyone can give impressions on iems similar to the dunu trident but of a higher quality, or iems under $100-200 that are good for just bringing around (don't want too expensive a portable rig). Or something good for sleeping in like the Phonak Audeo PFE112, which I have tried before but did not leave a good impression due to shallow fit. It is also really expensive (close to $300) where I live.

400+ hours of JVC HA-FX850, with upgraded cable, bass is correct, extended and not too much at all, really nice to listen to.  In my memory, 100+ hours is not enough for the beast.  Cable is important for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back