Best Rootbeer
Jun 21, 2007 at 12:56 AM Post #91 of 114
I love Barq's.

Jun 21, 2007 at 1:01 AM Post #92 of 114
I haven't tried a lot of different root beers I guess, but I sure like Stuarts better than IBC/Barqs/MUG/other common root beers.

It has better flavor and seems more substantial. Good, frothy foam.

Jun 21, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #95 of 114
Henry Weinhard's root beer beats anything I've ever tried. (Virgils, Stuarts, IBC etc) You can't even call Barq's, A&W etc real root beer, all that stuff is sugar water.

Jun 21, 2007 at 8:39 AM Post #97 of 114
I loved root beer from the moment I owned LeChuck with it.
wink.gif
Actually that was before I even tasted the stuff.

Guys, you're driving me crazy over here. I've only seen one kind of root beer here in Sweden and it's really hard to come by. I LOVE that root beer though and after reading through 5 pages of root beer raving I'd really like to try some of the other brands. Too bad the shipping would kill me.

Jun 21, 2007 at 9:03 AM Post #98 of 114
HUGE root beer fan here.

my favorites are: Henry Weinhards, Thomas Kemper, XXX, IBC, Sioux City, Virgil's, and Hanks.

I think that my favorite brand is Weinhards or XXX, it really depends on the mood I am in, since Weinhards is a bit more creamy and sweet.

of the cheaper and plastic bottle rootbeer, A&W is the best, Barqs is okay, and mug is just terrible.

I am thinking of brewing my own sometime soon, how difficult is that to do, and what would i need to do it.

Jun 21, 2007 at 10:22 PM Post #101 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Socratez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Best ever Dog n Suds but hard to find if not near one of their drive-ins or the Jungle Jim's store in Cincinnati.

Best since moving to Florida, Jones Soda Co.

Was in Jungle Jim's today picking up some blue marlin & halibut steaks and fresh mangos & Blair's Habanero chips. Love that store. My checkbook don't.

Nobody has mentioned Dad's. It has a bit more of a bite out of the bottle but you can't find it in bottles. From what I can find, it's my best choice. Stewarts is a good one available here too. Hires is another ok version. A&W and IBC only if out of the tap and real cold. It's pretty sweet tasting though.

I now have to try sourcing this Sprechers. Thanks guys.

I am on a Cheerwine kick. Cherry soda from the Carolinas. Anybody try Guarana Antarctica? It's a Brazilian soda. Different.

This Jungle Jim store is a world ethnic store. Besides having the typical staples, they get foods from around the world. It's the most diverse store I have ever been in. The cool thing is their cooking classes. They also have a very good selection of beer, wine, produce and fish.

Jun 21, 2007 at 10:42 PM Post #104 of 114
We have a Stewart's root beer near us and that's the best I've ever had in my life. The stuff they sell in the bottles doesn't even come close to the fresh stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back