Best recorded albums of all time?
Jun 13, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #365 of 464
Oh well, the best recorded album of all times has yet to be determined, until then we can only expose our subjective preferences, we all have to connect with the recorded material to some degree. Though to Zappa's 1969 (Anno Mirabilis) Hot Rats and to King Crimson's recent remasters (e.g. LTIA) I'll add some recent and not so recent sound explorations which could be considered island discs, at least IMHO).

From my extended experience with a fairly large number of ECM recordings, I have yet to find an inadequate recording, mastering or mix of both, a solid and rightfully reputable record company, highly recommended.

Jun 19, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #366 of 464
Cafe Blue - Patricia Barber gets my vote for one of the very best recordings I've ever listened 
to.....excellent singing, songwriting and jazz ensemble accompaniment!

Jun 27, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #368 of 464
Hi Headfry,

Wondered if you can point me to the album that cafe blue appears on. Searching in Tidal doesn't see it turn up on any albums visible to me... but in Australia we are geo blocked from some albums. Drives me nuts. I'm a Patricia Barber fan!

Cheers,

Tony

Jun 27, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #369 of 464
Flawed topic since time has not ended yet!
wink.gif

How about "Best recorded albums so far?" ?

Jun 27, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #373 of 464
  1. [img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/2/2d/100x100px-LS-2d3c5c43_10019-tonyaaa1.jpg[/img]
  1. TonyTripleA
  2. /custom/huddle/headfi/img/badges/badge_contributor.v3479891814.png
  4. offline
  1. 666 Posts. Joined 2/2004
  2. Location: Sydney, Australia

Hi Headfry,

Wondered if you can point me to the album that cafe blue appears on. Searching in Tidal doesn't see it turn up on any albums visible to me... but in Australia we are geo blocked from some albums. Drives me nuts. I'm a Patricia Barber fan!

Cheers,

Tony

also try Patricia's "Smash" (2013) - check out the first two cuts...

Code Cool 
The Wind Song

I'm in love with these songs!

will check out the rest of the album very soon...should be on Tidal where you are!

.....If not, check it out here on Youtube!:

https://youtu.be/z0B9qwF78ps?list=RDz0B9qwF78ps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back