Best portable radio?
Aug 10, 2003 at 11:38 PM Post #32 of 76
Hello Gene,

I saw that posting. Not enough info specified about the radio (reception conditions, location, headphones used, etc.)

Might be right on all counts, just not enough info.

Paul

Aug 11, 2003 at 2:07 PM Post #33 of 76
Hello,

Does anyone know of a reliable UK retailer that will export Sony Walkman-type items to the USA? Specifically, the SRF-M10. Please send any info privately.

Best regards,

Paul

Aug 16, 2003 at 8:22 AM Post #34 of 76
Aug 16, 2003 at 3:55 PM Post #35 of 76
Pappucho,
I never had one but I remember when they came out. Reception and sound should be as good as the SRF-40W though, (which is great!). Does the one you're getting come with the large amplified speaker base?

Aug 16, 2003 at 4:03 PM Post #36 of 76
Hello Gene, as far as I know, it doesn't come with the speaker base. That would have been a nice and interesting addition judging from the picture on pocketcalculatorshow.com. Thanks for your input. I still can't find the SRF-40 so I decided to bid on this one. I have been enjoying listening to the radio out of some of my walkmans but have been dissapointed with the level of reception. I hope this unit is better.

Aug 17, 2003 at 4:16 PM Post #37 of 76
Pappucho,
Sensitivity is a MUST for me because I live in a very rural area and the nearest big city is almost an hour away! Some radios I have can't get more than one or two stations at best and even then the reception is "fuzzy". The SRF-40 I have pulls in even the weakest stations and even the STEREO ones. Let us know what you think of the SRF-80.

Aug 20, 2003 at 7:04 AM Post #38 of 76
D555...

There are various outlets that stock the SRF-M10, but i'd be hesitant to buy from a UK (well... European) source as we seem to have been sucked into the French way of thinking regarding maximum SPL...

...As example, the EJ1000 had 5mw per channel... the EJ2000 (UK / Europe version) has 0.5mw per channel...

eek.gif

I'm going to probably demo one as the SRF-M95 I have which is supposed to have a max of 2.5mw per channel sure sounds like it has more on tap... I'll let you know if I can actually hear the M10 when its on
wink.gif

Thanks

Aug 20, 2003 at 3:38 PM Post #39 of 76
Hello Duncan,

Thank you for the response. I've actually ordered a SRF-M10 from the UK and am awaiting delivery. According to the seller it should be about 5-7 working days.

I'll let you know how it performs.

Paul

Aug 29, 2003 at 12:40 AM Post #40 of 76
Does anyone have experience with this Sony portable radio? The T615 ($89.00 USD) only had one review on audiocubes and the R405 ($99.00 USD) had not reviews. Here is the one guy's review: Sony SRF-T615 Pocket Radio. Looks a little bigger than the previous radios mentioned.

edit: hope this pic works:

f_sony_srft615.jpg

Aug 29, 2003 at 1:11 AM Post #41 of 76
HI: I own the T615 portable radio. It is really small and very thin. It sounds great with my E2s. When I use the super mini amp with it the sound is awesome. I bought the 615 because of its very small size. It has 7 FM presets I don't use the am. I have had and still have many different portable radios but I like the 615 the best. It also is very good looking and comes with a protective case cover. I like to put it in my T shirt pocket and I listen to a spiritual radio show 5 nights a week from 8/30 to 10 pm. I must admit that I miss a few shows because of TV or listening to music. I feel that the 615 is the state of the art in portable radios.

Aug 29, 2003 at 1:14 AM Post #42 of 76
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
HI: I own the T615 portable radio. It is really small and very thin. It sounds great with my E2s. When I use the super mini amp with it the sound is awesome. I bought the 615 because of its very small size. It has 7 FM presets I don't use the am. I have had and still have many different portable radios but I like the 615 the best. It also is very good looking and comes with a protective case cover. I like to put it in my T shirt pocket and I listen to a spiritual radio show 5 nights a week from 8/30 to 10 pm. I must admit that I miss a few shows because of TV or listening to music. I feel that the 615 is the state of the art in portable radios.

Great review LTUCCI1924 (I'm glad you never stopped posting). I'd like to try it with my CHA47 mint also.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
cool.gif

Aug 29, 2003 at 2:14 AM Post #44 of 76
was ist los?
HI: How are you? The 615 has a headphone jack that I plug my super mini amp to and then my E2s into the amp. For my radio show I don't use the amp and just plug my E2s at 16 ohms into the 615 radio and the 615 is strong enough for listing just to voice show with no amp. But when I listen to the 615 fore music I then use the amp and wow it sounds great and I get to hear stuff I have not heard before. I have always had a portable radio but I am at my pinnacle with the 615 and super mini amp V6.2D. Also the 615 is strong enough to use my E2s with no amp fore music and goes plenty loud but with the S/M amp it adds a lot of fullness and bass mids and highs that is not there with out the amp. I never heard music on a portable radio like I now do because of the 615 and the S/M amp plus the remarkable shure E2s.

Aug 29, 2003 at 10:07 AM Post #45 of 76
i tested the T615 directly against the iRiver iFP-390T and the iRiver held a better stereo signal lock and music sounded noticeably richer. Even though the T615 is very good, it's just not at the top. Also, the iRiver can auto-scan for all channels and you can save up to 20 station presets. The T615 is a little simpler to use through, since it is only a radio, and it has dedicated station preset buttons. The biggest gripe on the Sony is that the very loud BEEP it makes when you use the station preset buttons, which you can't disable, and the BEEP is added to the output signal so it blasts in your ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back