Best Portable Headphone Amp For A Basshead
Sep 17, 2013 at 7:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Mr Pineappleman

New Head-Fier
Hi all,
Well I recently got my M100s and I'll be honest, I'm not impressed. Any who, I was hoping that a headphone amp will do the trick since I'm just listening out of a iPod 5th Generation, which may be why I'm not impressed with the sound. I don't know a lot about headphone amps other than that they clean up and enhance the sound of your music. I'll throw in a 300 dollar price range since I don't know much about these things, but I've heard that the Digizoid zo2 is quite good. Only problem I hear is that the bass is a little too much, driving out the mids and such. For an EDM lover, that isn't really a problem, but I would like a better quality amp if there was one available. I hear the name "Fiio" a lot from most Audiophiles, but I don't know much about them. Would a Fiio beat a Digizoid zo2? Or is there some other company that I don't know about that will do the trick. If you need more description or details, please ask!

Sep 17, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #2 of 5
Hello there.
First and foremost, I can tell you that no amp will change the sound signature of any earphones. If you don't like how they sound, you'd better sell them for something that would suit your tastes better.
However, you can adjust or tune some frequencies — a bit. Of all the amps I tried and heard ( just a few) the alo rxmk2 was the punchiest and bassiest. Alo doesn't sell it anymore, but I think you could find it for cheap on the sale forum.
Just my 2 cents
Cheers
Jon

Sep 18, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #3 of 5
Hello there.
First and foremost, I can tell you that no amp will change the sound signature of any earphones. If you don't like how they sound, you'd better sell them for something that would suit your tastes better.
However, you can adjust or tune some frequencies — a bit. Of all the amps I tried and heard ( just a few) the alo rxmk2 was the punchiest and bassiest. Alo doesn't sell it anymore, but I think you could find it for cheap on the sale forum.
Just my 2 cents
Cheers
Jon

Bass boost will definitely help with the OP's problem. Lots of great amps feature bass boost.

Sep 18, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #4 of 5
Headstage arrow 3G has great punchy bass boost. I've had great success using it with both JH16 and TF10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back