Best portable cans between 150 - 300
Mar 26, 2011 at 1:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Mason Fresh

New Head-Fier
Requirements: Sound isolation, minimal leakage, light on the head, neutral sound for all types of music (but mainly hip hop and rock)...

Thanks guys..

I like the

[size=1.7em] Audio-Technica ATH-M50S[/size]

but not sure if they are the best portable.. =/ 

Help please!

Mar 26, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #4 of 9
Well, it depends on how portable you mean by portable. The M50 has a long cable, but if you get the straight version, you can cable up the extra slack and stick that in your pocket and then it becomes reasonably portable, and you can walk around with that. However, they're not the lightest phones in the world, and they start out clamping a bit tight, but that gets better over time. The M50s are great for rock, and are easily driveable out of a portable device. They fold pretty well and come with a pouch too

Mar 26, 2011 at 1:55 AM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
Well, it depends on how portable you mean by portable. The M50 has a long cable, but if you get the straight version, you can cable up the extra slack and stick that in your pocket and then it becomes reasonably portable, and you can walk around with that. However, they're not the lightest phones in the world, and they start out clamping a bit tight, but that gets better over time. The M50s are great for rock, and are easily driveable out of a portable device. They fold pretty well and come with a pouch too

Sounds portableish.... 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ULAP4U/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A23M3KL3V61UGY

that's the pair i'm looking at.. looks like straight cable.. 
i'm just so overwhelmed haha
i have 300 dollars to amazon so iw as thinking maybe some over ear cans and some IEMs.. 

Mar 26, 2011 at 1:56 AM Post #7 of 9
Klipsch Image X5's are pretty decent. My friend let me try them and they have pretty warm high and mid ends but also some very tight bass. Also, sound isolation (at least in my experience) was excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back