Best Place to buy the Denon AH-D7000
Sep 7, 2010 at 4:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

gerbi

100+ Head-Fier
Now that my IEM needs have been satisfied (at least temporarily until the next best thing comes along) I'm going to buy a new pair of closed high end headphones. I have been let some money from my Nena who passed away recently so I want to buy something special that will last me many years. After reading many threads and reviews I have decided on the Denon 7000. Unfortunately here in Australia the price seems to be so much higher than eveywhere else: the RRP is $2200 AUS (approx. $2000US) so I'd like to know if someone could recommend a trustworthy place to buy them from at a more reasonable price and where they can ship internationally. So far the best place I could find is Stereo Singapore where I can buy them for around $1000 AUS.
Any help and fedback will greatly appreciated, thank you.

Sep 7, 2010 at 4:47 AM Post #2 of 15
JR, but I don't know if they ship internationally. I can get it over the phone for $625 USD.

If you really want it and want it shipped to Australia, I can probably help you out for a treat! That's only of course if JR doesn't ship it internationally. I live in NY, so I can go pick them up. I bought myself a pair a few months ago.

I don't know if they'll go this low for other customers, but if I were to call them back and tell them I bought a pair for that price and would like another one, they'll honor it. Besides, I know the representative's extension whom I ordered them from. He's such a nice guy!

Private message me if you want my help, thanks.

Items Ordered:

Item No Quantity Price Subtotal
DNN AHD7000 1 625.00 625.00
Tax     55.44
Total 1   680.44

Sep 8, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #9 of 15
Had a good price from Headroom so I'm seriously considering the purchase. Now I just need the funds to clear soon
darthsmile.gif

Oct 12, 2010 at 12:31 PM Post #10 of 15
Headroom gave me a very good price over the phone.

Oct 14, 2010 at 11:06 AM Post #12 of 15

Quote:
karokae equipment

Please no. I ordered from them, or rather a friend in the US placed the order, as he was coming to India. It was listed as "in stock". When ordered, and I enquired with the order number, I was told they were out of stock. I argued that they were listed as in stock, and even sent the person a link. Then 2 days later, status showed out of stock. After a week it was back in stock, again I enquired, again I was told they were anticipating stock. Eventually after 42 days of waiting, I told my friend to cancel the order for a refund, just a week before he flew to India.

Oct 17, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #14 of 15
^Who said he was shipping overseas? He was shipping to a NY address, to a friend of mine. Wherever anyone carries their headphones after buying them, is none of Denon's or anyone's b******* business

Oct 17, 2010 at 6:47 AM Post #15 of 15

Quote:
I believe that no authorized Denon dealers in the U.S. are permitted to ship overseas, per their dealer authorization agreement with D&M Holdings (owner of Denon).

I don't think they would risk their license by doing something they are not meant to. I would buy in Australia if I could but when the Denon price is $2200 vs $999 (RRP) then I'm obliged to buy from overseas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back