Best pair of earbuds for the gym?
Sep 5, 2009 at 10:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

So_Sweet

Head-Fier
Hey all, I am just wondering which would be the BEST pair of earbuds for the gym, I am tired of listening to weights hit each other and people going boom boom boom on the treadmill.. Not to mention the annoying music they play.
ph34r.gif

I am looking for a pair of earbuds that Block out sound very well, for uhm.. Under 70$? Thanks
icon10.gif

Sep 16, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #7 of 23
Whoa! $400 seriously?

Are you sure you want to be wearing something like that to the gym?

in any case, have you considered a pair of custom IEMs? they're expensive, but you'll get great isolation.

what do you want out of these? something you'll use all around, and want high-quality sound from? or something to use exclusively with they gym. with that kinda money, i'd buy a cheap pair like the pl-30 or 50 and a nice pair of cans, or IEMs.

Sep 16, 2009 at 8:37 AM Post #8 of 23
The best buds for 'staying in your ears' that I've had so far are the Westone UM1's, and the Denon AH-c252's.

Sep 16, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #10 of 23
Yes, you need to stay away from buds and go with a custom IEM or an IEM with foam tips for isolation. The q-jays work fine for me. Good isolation and small. I wore ety4s for years but they stick out more and tended to get caught on equipment from time to time.

Sep 16, 2009 at 3:47 PM Post #11 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by dnullify /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoa! $400 seriously?

Are you sure you want to be wearing something like that to the gym?

in any case, have you considered a pair of custom IEMs? they're expensive, but you'll get great isolation.

what do you want out of these? something you'll use all around, and want high-quality sound from? or something to use exclusively with they gym. with that kinda money, i'd buy a cheap pair like the pl-30 or 50 and a nice pair of cans, or IEMs.

i wear my triple fi's to the gym everyday, and i have been for about a year now and they are fine. u would be suprised what IEM can go through

Sep 16, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #12 of 23
That i can understand, durability is only an issue in some products... generally not UE. my sf.5 pro are built like tanks.

however, would you want to wear something in the $400, which doesn't have a replacable cable? accidents happen, i use my moda's for the gym, and multiple times i've had snags on machinery and such...

Sep 16, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #13 of 23
yeah...400 for gym only is stupid. Get some CX380 or MX 85. Sweat resistant.

Sep 16, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by So_Sweet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey guys, sorry for bringing this topic back, I have just raised my budget to 400$

Haha.
biggrin.gif

Well, that opens up a ton of options.

It'll mainly come down to the type of sound you want and things like how they're worn (hanging, over ear, has a clip or not, even wireless).

Because you have a sizable budget and will be moving around a lot, I do think the cordless idea is desirable. You might look at Sleek Audio's SA6 with the wireless option (pricey but within your budget). You get a very good sound and a good deal of adjustability to boot.

Sep 16, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #15 of 23
Sennheiser IE8 are warm, rich, big sounding IEMs which stays in ear and has removable cable. Also Westone 3 fit perfect in most ears and they sound great with durable cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back