Best New York Style Pizza in NYC?
Mar 26, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #46 of 53
You should have tried another one one the other night. Nothing wrong with pizza twice!!!
Ive even had pizza for breakfast!!!
Was there a long line? Usually theres a line.

Mar 29, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #48 of 53
There used to be a place off the Q train at Avenue U called Cheesy Pizza - it was great. There was also one on Flatbush past the bend and on the straightaway towards Kings Plaza which was really good too (but can't recall the name).

For thin crust and healthy, there's "Pie" I think, right around the block from Strand's bookstore on 4th Avenue. Though not "traditional" New York, you won't pop and artery eating there. And the beer is cheap.

Mar 29, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #49 of 53
You can't go wrong with the places near Little Italy. My favorite pizza is in that area.

Mar 29, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #50 of 53
Little Italy the neighborhood is hit or miss. Plenty of tourist traps there.

However, I can't believe I forgot about Little Italy Pizza, which used to be on Vanderbilt, but is now located on 43rd between 5th and Madison. Best pizza I've had in Manhattan when it was on Vanderbilt--and I was born and raised on this island. I haven't been there for a while, but if it is anything like it was several years ago, then it is definitely worth it.

Mar 29, 2010 at 4:08 PM Post #51 of 53
The outer boroughs is where the real stuff is at
smily_headphones1.gif
As one person told me way back when, "Manhattan, that's Hollywood! - Brooklyn, that's New York" - Well, I'm a big Manhattan fan myself, but there's tons of great food to explore over the bridges.

And one other really great pizza place - I think it's called "Sal's" - is off the 2 train up in the Bronx at the Pelham Parkway station -then backtrack about a block or two under the El on White Plains Road, and it's on the right side. Sal, I think, added his son's name to the shop, but it's still around. It's the only one on that side of White Plains Road.

Being originally from New England, I have to get in a plug for "Greek Pizza" as well - smaller round pies, deadly on the arteries, but oh so delicious! That and the grinders .... you can't go wrong!

Mar 29, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #52 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by 563 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The outer boroughs is where the real stuff is at
smily_headphones1.gif

Definitely true. Staten Island/Brooklyn still the best for pizza.

Quote:

As one person told me way back when, "Manhattan, that's Hollywood! - Brooklyn, that's New York" - Well, I'm a big Manhattan fan myself, but there's tons of great food to explore over the bridges.

Good line, I like it. Of course, to a Manhattanite, Brooklyn is Long Island.
smile_phones.gif

Mar 29, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #53 of 53
True, and Queens as well!

My favorite Manhattan trivia, though, is that Manhattan is not just an island - Marble Hill, which is part of Manhattan borough, is part of the mainland ...

That and the fact that NY State shares a border with Rhode Island (off Montauk Point)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back