Best neutral iem under 150 dollars for 2015?
Feb 3, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #16 of 44
Well those havis seem good, how do they compare to the etymotic mc5 or mk5? Its ok if the iem is under 70 dollars that it doesnt have a detachable cable, that way I could get two iems for 150 dollars. Thanks.

Edit: it seems like the havis have problems with ome driver sounding louder than the other so I preffer to stay away from them. Any other suggestion?

Feb 3, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #17 of 44
Also, I just found out that there are audio technica iems that are within my price range and have detachable cable, are those any good for neutral sound signature?

There are several pair within your price range from Audio Technica, which models are you referring?

Feb 3, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #18 of 44
Any of them as long as they are good amd woth neutral sound. I think two etymotics mk50 or one mc 50 and one mk 50 are better than the westome um 10 pro. Which one is better in terms of sq ?

Feb 3, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #19 of 44
Honestly the way I see detachable cable items is that they are that way because they are bound to break in cabling many times and soon, if you just want a durable iem then that would be a better description for this thread but many iems I see without detachable cables last as long as what you are looking for and are less cost effective. In a long run if you don't run with them or keep tangled in your pockets all day you don't really need an iem with detachable cables.

Feb 3, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #20 of 44
So... westones um 10 pro or 2 etymotics? I ve never had detachable cable iems and dont know if they are as good as detachable cable headphones. Which ones do you recommend?

Feb 4, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #24 of 44
Thank you. It seems like the quality control (faulty speakers or faulty cable) isnt good and since i dont live in the US i wont be able to try them before buying and that scares me. How do they compare with the ones i mentioned?

Feb 4, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #25 of 44
Are the iems named at this price the only good ones that are under 70 or ober 100 with detachable cable and have neutral sound? Any others? Preferably with good build quality...

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #26 of 44
you wont find many iem's with detachable cables at this price range. THe best you can do is make sure the cables doesnt get stressed (pulled, pressured, bent sharply). I haven't had an any earphones break on me for years when i started to keep the cable in mind.

As for neutrality, I can vouch for the etymotic hf5 and the hifiman re400. The ety's are extremely detailed, but can be annoying to seal depending on the tips you use. The Hifiman re400 are a bit warm, but still neutral overall.

also, read up: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-332-iems-compared-fidue-a83-added-02-03-15-p-1033

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #27 of 44
you wont find many iem's with detachable cables at this price range. THe best you can do is make sure the cables doesnt get stressed (pulled, pressured, bent sharply). I haven't had an any earphones break on me for years when i started to keep the cable in mind.

As for neutrality, I can vouch for the etymotic hf5 and the hifiman re400. The ety's are extremely detailed, but can be annoying to seal depending on the tips you use. The Hifiman re400 are a bit warm, but still neutral overall.

also, read up: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-332-iems-compared-fidue-a83-added-02-03-15-p-1033

Well i actually did find the westone um 10 pro for 150 dollars. And some cheap audio technicas too. The hifi man re400 have cable problems it seems... also dont the hf5 have the same drivers as the mk5? Thanks for the link.

Feb 5, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #30 of 44
I was going to pop in last night and say something, I'm going to give you one final nudge about Havi B3. On any forum you're going to read about obstacles with an IEM, its simply a natural event of many products, it doesn't mean the product is flawed entriely. Just have a look at this thread linked below for Havi and learn about the owners enjoying it, That thread would still be going great today if it wasn't locked after a sad occurrence between few members.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/711582/havi-b3-pro-1-impressions-thread

What I'm saying is, Havi is the representation of true neutral (take a look at my profile what I've heard), not only that, the best sounding IEM under $100, possibly more.

It would be unfortunate for you to overlook Havi over insignificant cases. Put it this way, I've owned two pairs with no concern and look again all the members who own them. The way I see it, you're going to keep searching, keep asking questions, purchase and most likely not get the sound you're looking for, or at a level you're happy with. Meanwhile, Havi was there all along, and you let it slip past for such a few minor cases.

Goodluck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back