Best (metal) headphones in build class
Feb 3, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #46 of 52
So then its not considered Audiophile? But the ED 8 is?

Regarding the

[size=1.7em] Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 vs T50p. They almost could pass for one another.[/size]

Is one intrisically better over another?

Feb 4, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #47 of 52

Quote:
So then its not considered Audiophile? But the ED 8 is?

Regarding the

[size=1.7em] Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 vs T50p. They almost could pass for one another.[/size]

Is one intrisically better over another?

Yep, the DT1350 just happens to be a lot better. Beyer should drop the T50 - that headphone is without a home.

Thin sounding, tizzy, - not sure what they were thinking, a complete contrast to the complete package of the
 DT1350.

Feb 4, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #48 of 52

Quote:
 Yep, the DT1350 just happens to be a lot better. Beyer should drop the T50 - that headphone is without a home.

Thin sounding, tizzy, - not sure what they were thinking, a complete contrast to the complete package of the
 DT1350.

I actually love me T50p to pieces, but it's an acquired taste.

Feb 10, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #50 of 52

Quote:
I bought the 1350 but am still undecided  Seemed a bit delicate.  . What are your thoughts on the Denon AH-D5000 Reference Headphones? are the materials top notch?  what about sound quality?

The D5000's are sound/look nice, but I wouldn't characterize them as sturdy.  The cups are held on by 1 screw,  I haven't had any problems with them as of yet, but if/when I do drop them I won't be surprised when they break.  They are the most comfortable headphone I've worn, the sound is very full, decent amount of bass etc.

Feb 10, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #51 of 52
Since I didn't see a price range... the SR-007 Mk2 is the best built out of everything that I've owned so far. The 007 Mk1 sounds a bit better to my ears but it has a weak spot buildwise - the cable strain relief isn't very good, and sharp yanks on the cable can damage the drivers. The Mk2 addresses that, though at a cost. Still a great sounding headphone though.

Haven't had the SR-009 - yet.

K1000 is also quite sturdily built, and out of the inexpensive stuff the DT770 is built like a tank, although the drivers can develop rattles over time. The HD650, as I found out, isn't strong enough to resist getting stomped on blindly in the dark. Bummer.

Feb 10, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #52 of 52

Quote:
The HD650, as I found out, isn't strong enough to resist getting stomped on blindly in the dark. Bummer.

rofl.  did you also step on those sr-007's too? you know, in the interest of being fair:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back