lux602.jpg
 ​
 ​
 ​

Sep 1, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #423 of 1,828

Best looking? Worst looking!

Sep 1, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #425 of 1,828
Sep 1, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #426 of 1,828
The gold knob is a last ditch effort to raise the look, but I want to see a thermostat stove dial with different temps. I want to know how it sounds at 250 degrees F. Really, I should not make fun of it as I could never make anything like that myself and I have respect for those who can. I just would have found a different case as cases are not that much money. I guess the person also likes the case for a conversation piece. That's what is going on even now, right!

Sep 1, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #427 of 1,828
You know it is amazing what people find as attractive. They say that ladies are like cars. Some are so fast that the man feels like if he falls in love he may crash and get killed by the love. Then he ends up choosing a Volvo. Safe and a little ugly.

Quote:
I agree, stain the wooden base and change the knob to something more old school and then it's definitely a contender... and no Im not being sarcastic :)

Sep 1, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #428 of 1,828

Lmao, well ive never been into hot chicks... i like em cute! and I like my amps to look old school, like made of wood and those old plastic knobs from ww2 electronics... I cannot stand bling. TBH I find most of the amps posted on here more than a little gaudy... to show my taste this is what I consider a great looking amp!

Quote:
You know it is amazing what people find as attractive. They say that ladies are like cars. Some are so fast that the man feels like if he falls in love he may crash and get killed by the love. Then he ends up choosing a Volvo. Safe and a little ugly.

Sep 2, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #431 of 1,828

Quote:
Lmao, well ive never been into hot chicks... i like em cute! and I like my amps to look old school, like made of wood and those old plastic knobs from ww2 electronics... I cannot stand bling. TBH I find most of the amps posted on here more than a little gaudy... to show my taste this is what I consider a great looking amp!

Wow, i love that. Is that your's?

Sep 2, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #432 of 1,828
Gotta go with the Woo Amps! Built like a WWII german tank and beautiful like an italian sport car V10!

WES
wes-amp-psu-front-m.jpg

WA5
wa5_front.jpg

WA22
wa22-full.jpg

Even their mid-range amps are things of beauty!

WA6
wa6_slv_left.jpg

WA3
wa3_front_ch.jpg

Sep 2, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #433 of 1,828

Quote:
Wow, they don't make those 'Cool Dampers' for 6SN7s?  That's a sizable market that I happen to be in.

Yes, Herbie's does. I have them on all of my 6SN7's:

http://herbiesaudiolab.net/haloiii.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back