Best IEMs for under...
Dec 11, 2010 at 12:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

max pl

100+ Head-Fier
$50.

I know this topic has probably been covered to death but I need some quick responses and dont have time to search through all the threads.

My mom wants me to find a pair of IEMs for my little cousin that are under $50.

He's no audiophile and likely thinks Skullcandy are the best, but he wants new IEMs for Christmas so Ive been asked to pick them out.

Thanks.

Dec 11, 2010 at 12:49 PM Post #2 of 11
Well, although no one else has really tried them -__-, may I suggest the Kicker eb141's?
Some others in that price range: Meelec M6, brainwavz M1, brainwavz Pro Alpha, and for 10 bucks more, the brainwavz M2

Dec 11, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #5 of 11
Brainwavz M1s, pro alphas (slightly more bass like the M2s) or M2s if you can get them on special.
Id choose the M1s over skullcandys anyday.
Your young cousin may not find the bass adequate with the PL50s (i am assuming most young kids like bass)

Dec 11, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #6 of 11
Meelec M11+ may be a good option since durability is probably a concern. Meelec is great about replacing stuff if it breaks. They're running christmas deals daily for the next 10 days or so and coupons for the various M11+-series models come up pretty often. Today's is 66% off the silver M11P+ (mic'd version) for example. 

Dec 11, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #7 of 11

Quote:
Meelec M11+ may be a good option since durability is probably a concern. Meelec is great about replacing stuff if it breaks. They're running christmas deals daily for the next 10 days or so and coupons for the various M11+-series models come up pretty often. Today's is 66% off the silver M11P+ (mic'd version) for example. 

Just ordered one, Thanks for remind. It is cheap!!!

Dec 11, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #9 of 11
IMO, the M11+'s couldn't even touch the brainwavz m2's...but what does a little cousin who probably thinks skullcandies are 'das shizz" know

Dec 11, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #10 of 11
thanks guys. 

lots of good suggestions here, but now i'm completely undecided on what to get. 
i dont know if he deserves the M2s as he likely wont appreciate what he's got. 

edit:  actually, knowing him, i can already see him opening the package and seeing one of these "no name" brands on the box.
heck, he's likely never even heard of the bigger names like ultimate ears or klipsch.

i think i'm gonna just gonna get the Sony MDR EX300.  its the only big name brand i could find on amazon with decent reviews.  he'll likely appreciate the brand name more than the sound...

Dec 11, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #11 of 11

Quote:
IMO, the M11+'s couldn't even touch the brainwavz m2's...but what does a little cousin who probably thinks skullcandies are 'das shizz" know

I agree 100% regarding SQ but when it comes to build quality and getting warranty support it's the opposite story. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back