Best IEM's for under $150
Jul 26, 2011 at 8:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Buttsack

Head-Fier
I own a pair of Etymotic ER6i and my gf wants a pair for the gym. I'm hoping there is something better out there now since I've owned mine for over a year now. I'm sure there were much better IEM's to begin with but I had a limited knowledge of headphones back then (and still do). I'm after a good pair of IEM's for under $150 that can sound really good straight out of an ipod. I had a quick look in the head-gear ranking section and came across "Head-Direct RE0 Earphones". Would these be the best to go with as I can get a pair for $79.

Jul 26, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #2 of 9
I am a relative Newbie with IEM's but in the last 7 months or so I have tried around a half dozen IEM's that are all under $200.00.  I started with the RE0's and liked them but then tried the Fischer Audio DBA-02's and loved them but they did not last long before one channel dropped out.  I replaced them with the Eyty HF5's and really like them as well.  The three I mentioned are all very true in their sound and if you think you will like the way the RE0's sound i would look at the HF5's and the Brainwavz B2's.  I personally think that the HF5's for $99.00 are really hard to beat but I see the Brainwavz B2's are on sale for $120.00 this week.....thinking I may pick up a pair.

Cheers,
Jim

Jul 28, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #3 of 9
My suggestion: The DBA-02s or Brainwavz B2.

Jul 28, 2011 at 3:39 AM Post #5 of 9
X2 on GR07 but they have unfortunately just went up in price to $180 I believe, but worth every penny...

Jul 28, 2011 at 5:31 AM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
X2 on GR07 but they have unfortunately just went up in price to $180 I believe, but worth every penny...

as long as $ dollar will continue  losing value against powerful Chinese Yuan and Japanese Yen, earphones and other imported goods will continue costing more...
Dollar ain't worth much this days..

Jul 28, 2011 at 8:28 AM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
as long as $ dollar will continue  losing value against powerful Chinese Yuan and Japanese Yen, earphones and other imported goods will continue costing more...
Dollar ain't worth much this days..

opposite in my country..  so don't generalise it like that 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back