Best IEM's for under $100 that have a flat frequency response?
Sep 10, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #31 of 49

Quote:
Turbines arent neutral I think. Not by a long shot.

The UE700's destroy the UE600s. Especially when neutrality is key.

~150 is entering dual BA waters. You can get the Q-Jays, the Fischer Audio DBA-02, the Brainwavz B2 and the Ultimate Ears 700. All are neutral sounding. All share the same dual balanced armature drivers :)

Pick one :p

Quote:
I've had both. I'd recommend the UE 700 except they're not easy to obtain in Canadian retailers.

Quote:
Thanks again for the replies, everyone. What I meant by "Pros", is that there are two types of Turbine Coppers: The Coppers, and the Copper Pros.

As for the Sony's, what does everyone think? For some reason, I'm really attracted to them, without even having heard them. Also, I'm going to be staying in the under $100 range, I think, so it's either between the UE's or the Sony's. Could someone with some experience please tell me the pros and cons of each? 

Thanks again for all of the help,
Primusman.

The EX310 is quite rare around here, I haven't seen anyone talk about it, but the EX600 is hugely popular, and for good reason, the UE700 is also a great purchase, you can't go wrong with either, at the end of the day the Sony will last you longer.

Sep 10, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #32 of 49
Not even remotely neutral. Pretty bass-heavy. Do you consider your M50 to be neutral? If so, most of the recommendations in this thread will sound a little lighter on bass than you're used to.

Quote:
Also, how balanced and detailed are the Klipsch S4i's?

Sep 10, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #33 of 49
Okay, so I'll cross the Klipsch's off of my list. I know that the M50's have slightly heavier bass than something with a flat frequency response, but I'd say they're closer to being neutral than they are base-heavy. Also, my ears aren't as experienced as yours, so I wouldn't notice as much. Also, thanks for telling me about the longevity of the Sony's. I guess I'll do some Google searching to see how neural they are (and how clear). 

Sep 10, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #35 of 49
Well, even though they weren't specifically recommended, I think I'm going to go with the Sony MDR-EX310lp's. After looking around, I found that they are fairly well balanced and detailed for the price. The reason I'm not going for the 600's is that they're out of my price range. Thanks for all the suggestions everybody, cheers!

Sep 10, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #36 of 49
X2 for the ue700s, great iems for the price

Sep 10, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #37 of 49
Hear hear for the UE700s. Let's all band together and try to make UE700 the next FOTM shall we? 
gs1000.gif

On a side note, though the EX600 sound good, it lacks general comfort/ease-of-use and isolation when compared to the UE700s. The cables are heavy, and the earpieces are bulky, especially when compared to the tiny tiny UE700s, which really hinders the convenience of a great sounding IEM. So in the end, for similar price, I'd still recommended UE 700 over EX600. 

Sep 10, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #38 of 49
Bah, I still consider the less expensive PFE to be an upgrade to the UE 700.

Sep 10, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #39 of 49
On the Canadian Apple site it says the addiems are $89, which I still believe are a very good value when comparing sound quality and detail compared to similarly priced IEM's.Most dual BA driver IEM's cost $150 or more...

Sep 10, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #40 of 49
Or about $30 on eBay from reputable sellers.

Quote:
On the Canadian Apple site it says the addiems are $89, which I still believe are a very good value when comparing sound quality and detail compared to similarly priced IEM's.Most dual BA driver IEM's cost $150 or more...

Sep 11, 2011 at 3:23 AM Post #41 of 49

Another GREAT thing about the UE700 is that when and if it breaks, you can salvage the TWFK driver and reshell it into a great sounding custom IEM, or do a reshell + one or two drivers.

The TWFK is one of the best balanced armature drivers, and the UE700 is the cheapest product that uses it.

Sep 11, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #42 of 49
Problem is even if you buy them from reputable sellers, I still know a couple of people who got fakes.

Sep 11, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #43 of 49
Actually, I think I'll go with the ADDIEMs, seeing as I can get them free through Airmiles. Thanks for all of the suggestions, though. Maybe I'll try a few of those another time, but for now, I'm just going with them because they're free and good.

Regards,
Primusman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back