Best IEM's for Mobile Phone under 150
Jun 17, 2012 at 8:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Cerberusdb

New Head-Fier
I am looking for the possible best earphones for my HTC rezound or samsung galaxy s3 for 150 or under 150. I was looking at the beats tours, one of the shures and the klipsch s4i/s4a. I mainly listen to dubstep and hip hop. I like the build quality of the beats tours cause in my work environment I need some durability and can't be wasting time untangling the cord like I do currently with my ibeats. I would love to wear my over ear audio technicas or akg's but I can't so I thought some quality earbuds to keep me going throughout the day would be best. I currently use my rezound for music and I may be getting a galaxy s3 so not sure exactly what to do. Just wanted to say I love the site, I've used this for many reviews on music headphones and gaming headphones for years now and keep doing your thing. Thanks again can't wait to hear what you guys have to say.

Jun 17, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #2 of 13
Do either of those mobile devices support APTX?

If so you may want to consider a wireless solution.

Worth checking out.

Jim

Jun 17, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #3 of 13
I'll have to look into that, I'll try to get back to you on that. Like I said only reason i was looking at the beats tours is cause of the flat no tangle cable and supposedly it's durable.

Jun 17, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #4 of 13
Ok if I keep my rezound it only supports v3.​0 ​with ​A2DP for bluetooth or whatever. the galaxy s3 does support aptx. I am most likely switching to the s3 if my music is going to sound just as good as it does on my rezound. I know my rezound has like some built in gimmick with the beats but I do like how it sounds compared to other headphones I've tried when that beats equalizer isn't enabled. I believe the samsung galaxy s3 allows you to use all different type of equalizers so I should be ok if I switched.

Jun 17, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #5 of 13
I think the APTX has to do with wireless bluetooth headphones having an audio quality equal to a wired device.

Really helpful for active listening, and cellphones.

New tech that I am looking forward too.

Jim

Jun 17, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #7 of 13
With an Android device...

Etymotic HF2, very flat sound. Then EQ to your tastes.

Great isolation too. I recommend Comply Foam tips for best comfort.

Jim

Jun 18, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #12 of 13
It would be the master of isolation... Etymotic.

HF2 for an android application.

Also there is an app for your phone you should look into as well. It is called: Awareness
They are developing it for android. Check it out.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back