Best IEMs for drum and bass around 150$?
May 25, 2010 at 12:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Droog

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone, I'm looking for some new IEMs around 150$ that have some nice bass for techno music. I don't want muddy sounding bass and want to still hear the mids and the highs. I listen to lots of drum and bass, house, ambient, and some rock too. So far I'm thinking about the turbines or DBA-02s. Tell me what you guys think. Thanks!

May 25, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #2 of 12
For a heavy techno orientation, I do like to suggest the Triple.Fi 10 as a really good option.  They can still be found within the $150 if you don't mind a used pair.

Other choices will depend upon how good of a sound you want, how much bass you want, and how you want it presented.  There's a good number of options out there that are bass heavy, but they present the bass in different ways.

May 25, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #3 of 12
Phonak PFE with black filters?

May 25, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #5 of 12
The original Monster Turbines, the RE0, or maybe the newer Radius HP-TWF11r DDM.  I really like the presentation of the original Turbines, especially with the bass texture and quality that does not intrude into the rest of the spectrum.  The Gold Turbine Pros are big step up, and the Coppers improve with these, but both cost more than your budget (unless you can find them used or an open box sale).

May 26, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #7 of 12
Thanks for all the replies. I'm actually thinking about increasing my budget and going for some entry level customs as I have had a problem getting IEMs to stay in my ears in the past and I don't want to spend money on something that I don't want to wear because they always fall out. With this in mind, would any of these suggestions be good for re-casing? Or should I just go for some Livewires/Alien Ears?

May 26, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #8 of 12
The Panasonic HJE900 make awesome DnB phones, and top-notch durability is a plus. Available new for about 130 bucks. Their popularity has died down a bit recently as availability went down, price went up, and new IEM models arrived, but I'm confident they are still one of the best values around. That Radius DDM seems to quite amazing for the price, but I have no experience with it.

Jul 26, 2010 at 9:19 AM Post #9 of 12
I listen to alot of drum and bass/electro/trance and my dba 2 are on there way... hopefully they will work well enough

Jul 26, 2010 at 10:57 AM Post #10 of 12
Try the Westone UM2, if you want something with tight bass. If you want something with more punch, try the UE SF5EB, though it's kinda hard to find now that it's no longer in production.

Jul 26, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #11 of 12
try the klipsch custom 3 .

And who is that imposter a few posts back ? ,he even has a cat that looks like mine 
devil_face.gif

Jul 26, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #12 of 12
Denon C751, amazing thunderous bass, albeit a bit shaky on the highs. Mark could maybe back these up.
Pretty cheap these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back