Best IEM Workout/Work Headphone
Oct 6, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #31 of 47
Quote:
You could try the Bose IE2 they are around a hundred and you can get them at any big box retailer so if you don't like them you can return them. They have no isolation so you can here everything around you. It's kind of like listening to you music in your car and still being able to talk to people.

They actually came out with an SIE2 specifically for sports.  same design and almost identical sound but they are more sweat and waterproof. 

Oct 6, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #32 of 47
My sennheiser PMX 70 just broke and I got the Philips[size=small] SHQ4000. Of course they don't compare but I'm on a budget right now. They are RED and the cable is really thin, but are washable and sound reasonable for the price (around $30 USD); just don't expect tight bass. The neckband design is comfortable, and although they look like IEMs, they don't actually seal that deep into your ear canal so you are not completely isolated.[/size]

Oct 6, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #34 of 47
Quote:
Loss ksc 75. They are clip on. They are cheap. They are somewhat durable. They sound great for the price. If they break, you can buy another one because they r pretty cheap.

They get disgusting with sweat, though, and the foam will wear off fast.

[Edit:] OP, seriously consider the SHS8000, or whatever replaces it today.

Oct 6, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #35 of 47
Koss ksc75 they have a lifetime warranty

Oct 6, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #36 of 47
Mee M6? It's cheap (~$20), will always stay in your ears because of the memory wire, and has a shirt clip to deal with microphonics. 

The S6 is the sport version and comes with an armband and some other accessories, but I don't feel it's worth the extra $25 or so.

Oct 8, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #37 of 47
Quote:
Mee M6? It's cheap (~$20), will always stay in your ears because of the memory wire, and has a shirt clip to deal with microphonics. 

The S6 is the sport version and comes with an armband and some other accessories, but I don't feel it's worth the extra $25 or so.

What is the isolation like? And do they have to be snug in the ear and sealed to sound good? IEM's dont stay sealed in my ear for some reason....

Oct 8, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #38 of 47
Quote:
You could try the Bose IE2 they are around a hundred and you can get them at any big box retailer so if you don't like them you can return them. They have no isolation so you can here everything around you. It's kind of like listening to you music in your car and still being able to talk to people.

I don't want to spend that much money..

Oct 8, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #39 of 47
Quote:

What is the isolation like? And do they have to be snug in the ear and sealed to sound good? IEM's dont stay sealed in my ear for some reason....

Isolation is above average for a dynamic driver, but not on par with a deep insertion BA iem. If the ER4 is a 5 out of 5 for isolation and the IE80 is a 2, the M6 is about a 3.5.

I've never had them slip out of my ears, even during 10K runs. With Sony hybrids, they seal well enough to keep out most sweat. Bass will be lessened considerably if M6 starts to slip out of your ears, but they stay in really well with either the hybrids or Monster gels.

Oct 8, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #40 of 47
I'm hoping to write a review of these, as soon as I have time, but I bought one of the new ones from the Sennheiser/Adidas line -  OCX 685i.  Before I go into any details, they're above your price range since they're $80.  I have also used the Bose ie2 and Soundmagic E30 and a few others that didn't work. Personally I prefer to use something with a cable I can wear behind my neck and down my back - especially if I'm moving around/working out so they don't get caught. 

Few things here: I have an iPod Nano 6th gen, I run 18-20 miles a week outside, use the elliptical and do weights and this is truly the first pair of headphones (iems) I've bought specifically for working out that do not budge once I get moving.   My first concern for workout headphones is that they stay in and my second is sound.  These are extremely comfortable, do not budge during workouts and the control works extremely well - even on the move.  My minor complaint is that, although I never used the older version, I wish they had kept the short cord/extension cord option.  Granted when I wear these with the cord behind my neck and down my back, the cord isn't a problem.  I tend to pull the cord up just enough so the remote is still by my collar in front/accessible or I weave them in such a way that I have access to the controls. I really like the sound on these and think they have a good amount of detail and bass - without the bass being overwhelming.  I may be wrong but I think this might be the only one in the new lineup that has iphone controls. 

I've had these a short time but the biggest test was the 10k I ran last week and they didn't budge once and I didn't even feel a need to mess with them.  I've used them on a few short runs and on the elliptical as well and love them.  If I don't like it - I return it.  It's that simple.  The thought hasn't even crossed my mind since the first time I tried these out.   

** If you want to know what other iems I own, check my profile.  Oh and since I liked the sound on the Soundmagic's so much (until a sudden downpour killed one ear) I was debating trying their sport line but I didn't get around to it.  I believe they are $60 with the ipod controls.  I don't know if they sound anything like the E30 but if they do - that would be a win/win. It's just another option I know of. 

Oct 9, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #41 of 47
Quote:
I'm hoping to write a review of these, as soon as I have time, but I bought one of the new ones from the Sennheiser/Adidas line -  OCX 685i.  Before I go into any details, they're above your price range since they're $80.  I have also used the Bose ie2 and Soundmagic E30 and a few others that didn't work. Personally I prefer to use something with a cable I can wear behind my neck and down my back - especially if I'm moving around/working out so they don't get caught. 

Few things here: I have an iPod Nano 6th gen, I run 18-20 miles a week outside, use the elliptical and do weights and this is truly the first pair of headphones (iems) I've bought specifically for working out that do not budge once I get moving.   My first concern for workout headphones is that they stay in and my second is sound.  These are extremely comfortable, do not budge during workouts and the control works extremely well - even on the move.  My minor complaint is that, although I never used the older version, I wish they had kept the short cord/extension cord option.  Granted when I wear these with the cord behind my neck and down my back, the cord isn't a problem.  I tend to pull the cord up just enough so the remote is still by my collar in front/accessible or I weave them in such a way that I have access to the controls. I really like the sound on these and think they have a good amount of detail and bass - without the bass being overwhelming.  I may be wrong but I think this might be the only one in the new lineup that has iphone controls. 

I've had these a short time but the biggest test was the 10k I ran last week and they didn't budge once and I didn't even feel a need to mess with them.  I've used them on a few short runs and on the elliptical as well and love them.  If I don't like it - I return it.  It's that simple.  The thought hasn't even crossed my mind since the first time I tried these out.   

** If you want to know what other iems I own, check my profile.  Oh and since I liked the sound on the Soundmagic's so much (until a sudden downpour killed one ear) I was debating trying their sport line but I didn't get around to it.  I believe they are $60 with the ipod controls.  I don't know if they sound anything like the E30 but if they do - that would be a win/win. It's just another option I know of. 

Those sound good.. But I think I will try the M6 before I spend that much money..

Oct 9, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #42 of 47
Or maybe not... They get terrible reviews about the inline control and I cant even control volume with it..

The Senheiser/Adidas line get just as many bad reviews, if not more.... :frowning2:

Oct 9, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #43 of 47
Quote:
Or maybe not... They get terrible reviews about the inline control and I cant even control volume with it..

The Senheiser/Adidas line get just as many bad reviews, if not more.... :frowning2:

Well, keep in mind that this is an updated line from Sennheiser/Adidas.  Like I said I never tried the old ones - because of the poor reviews - so I can't comment one way or the other.  I can only comment on the ones I bought which work great with both my iPhone and iPod nano. The Soundmagic pair I had sounded fantastic but I got caught in a 10+ minute heavy downpour during a run and even though I let them dry out (in rice) for a few days the left earpiece went bad.  I know these are not waterproof but I wanted to at least get something water resistant because I don't have $30-50 to spend every time I happen to be in (or get stuck in) rain or snow, etc.  It's a PITA but you might have to go by trial and error or find a store/online site with a good return/exchange policy.  The hard part to remember is what works for 1 or many people may not be what you're looking for.  

Oct 10, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #44 of 47
Skullcandy Fix in-ear earphones. They are decent for the gym. They stay in place and do not completely seal the outside. I have a pair of these and alternate them with the Bose mie2i.

Nov 1, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #45 of 47
Definitely should keep the jaybirds in mind. I own the jf4mbl  model and they are awesome for when im training in the gym and when im running at the track. they never fall out, are very comfortable, have a good lasting battery, and never lose connection. I had them for a couple months now and i love them. love the brand and probably will be a customer with them forever. I got mine at http://www.bluetoothsports.com and they were on sale! There also were many other headphones to choose from, hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back