Best IEM under $350? (Massdrop Plus, Orion, New Primacy, PA BE)
Oct 2, 2018 at 11:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

energeon

New Head-Fier
Hi, so I'm looking for a new pair of IEMs. My last one was the Westone W10 which I felt needed a bit more bass.

I've done some research and pretty much shortened it down to either the Massdrop Plus, Campfire Orion, Oriveti New Primacy or Periodic Audio Be.

Can anyone give some suggestions on which one I should pick? Thanks!

Oct 2, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #2 of 7
If you’re open to other suggestions, I would like to recommend the Etymotic ER3XR, or the flagship 4XR which costs a cent under $350.

Oct 2, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #5 of 7
I didn’t have the chance to try all other models except Orion. Campfire Orion is always one of my favourite IEM. Very spacious and amazing micro details presentation.

Campfire Audio uses a very good cable as their cable. The accessories make the IEM more worthy. Do consider Orion!

Oct 3, 2018 at 12:16 AM Post #7 of 7
Does that mean the build quality isn't great? I commute a lot so there might be some abuse on the cable but I would like a relatively strong one.

Yeah, the cables have a high failure rate (seems like a lot were DOA in fact) and don't actually seat securely in the IEM. The foam tips disintegrated in my hands when I tried to put them on the IEMs.

Cables aren't that expensive to replace, of course, but it's annoying and makes the Plus a less appealing value proposition for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back