Best IEM under $100 to use with Nano and no amp
Jul 15, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #46 of 51
can someone help me please
i wanted to start a new thread but dont know how
well i just joined this site today..and was wondering if u guys can help me
i was looking for a IEM to use with my psp and ipod. i was looking in the price range of below $100. Im a college student that takes the train everyday in the city and was lookin for something to isolate the sound.
i was lookin at these:

ultimate ears metro fi.2 - $55
Crossroads MylarOne X3 -$57
Sennheiser CX300- $60
Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3--$72
shure e2g- $74
Etymotic Research ER6 -$79

(the prices were based on amazon and ebay searches where i plan on getting them from)
i plan on using them to listen to music or while jus playing psp. and maybe even just to keep the noise down while studyin on the train to class. i listen to all kinds of music so thats where i have problems.
im lookin at price,looks,weight,isolation, and the warranty (sorry about all the things to think over) i guess i'm jus lookin for something that specific.

all those IEM a certain look...umm i dont know how to describe it..but they look like normal earphones or earplugs.
any suggestions..i hear lots of rave about this site and the great opinions
thanx in advance

Jul 16, 2007 at 1:14 AM Post #47 of 51
I think with those detail and flat as everybody mentioned, shoud be no problem for instrument, classic, and orchestral works, but I'm curious how does ER6i performance for jazz with deep bass and female voice?

Jul 16, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #48 of 51
I really don't think you can go wrong with the Creative EP630. $35 for very good bang for you buck. I think it's a bit difficult to appreciate the cans if you don't gradually work your way up to the higher end stuff.

Jul 16, 2007 at 9:15 PM Post #49 of 51
My ER6i was great for listening to jazz and female vocals (sufficient bass but doesn't accentuate low end), that is until it accidentally went through a wash and dry cycle last week
frown.gif
. Although having it go through the washing machine was my fault, the cord on the ER6i was flimpsy and I had problems prior to killing them. Time to get new headphones with thicker wire cords...

Jul 16, 2007 at 11:39 PM Post #50 of 51
ultimate ears metro fi.2 - $55
Crossroads MylarOne X3 -$57
Sennheiser CX300- $60
Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3--$72
shure e2g- $74
Etymotic Research ER6 -$79

A bunch of choices, but the Mylar 3 is a strong contender and will be hard to beat for sound quality.

Sep 3, 2007 at 3:18 PM Post #51 of 51
Just a heads up, I purchased some CX-300's for my Nano for $25 delivered from e-Bay. They're now down to $20 and from what I can tell they are authentic, sound the same as the pair I had purchased from Circuit City for $75 and all the tell signs seem to be the same.

At $20 even if they are the same as the Creatives it's still a bargain but I'm convinced they're the real deal.

Sennheiser CX-300

I think they're an excellent solution for the Nano un-amped. Full deep bass, fairly accurate highs without harshness, not quite as rich in the mid-range as I would like but hey, they're $20. Since your son likes rock bass and amplitude are important and these little canal phones deliver in a stylish manner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back