Best IEM tips?
Apr 14, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #62 of 3,254
if they are the same white ones that come with the e-q5s, then my opinion is that they are terrible at isolation.
i cant comment too much on sound tho. i only use iems on the subway and bus, so i simply dont use tips that dont isolate ^^

Hmm, that's interesting. I have heard opinions opposite to your experience. That they improved the sound drastically. Don't remember if they said anything about isolation, but it was positive. Oh well, ill have to try it out to know for sure. They are quite expensive too.

Apr 15, 2013 at 5:14 AM Post #64 of 3,254
Quote:
Hmm, that's interesting. I have heard opinions opposite to your experience. That they improved the sound drastically. Don't remember if they said anything about isolation, but it was positive. Oh well, ill have to try it out to know for sure. They are quite expensive too.

well, we all hear things differently. ^^
hmm, i imagine that getting them is both expensive and difficult

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:39 AM Post #66 of 3,254
Been a while since I updated here.

These are the best tips for me currently.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ipg=25&_osacat=0&_armrs=1&_ssn=luna-town&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1&_nkw=ultimate+tips&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Apr 15, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #67 of 3,254
Been a while since I updated here.

These are the best tips for me currently.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ipg=25&_osacat=0&_armrs=1&_ssn=luna-town&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1&_nkw=ultimate+tips&_sacat=0&_from=R40

I have two of those on the way to me, one medium and one large to test.

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #68 of 3,254
I recently picked up the Comply ts-400 for my brainwavz m5. So far i am loving them. They dumb the highs which i was finding to be way to much but now the sound is perfect. The bass has increased also in a good way. I don't even feel them now where as before with the stock tips it came with made my ears kinda itch i guess and i had to take them out a lot. The isolation is great. I don't even hear myself typing on my mechanical keyboard. Another thing i will have to say is i switched the way i wear them. I use to wear them normally but i now have them flipped upside-down and wrapped the wire around my ear that also changed the tone. 

Apr 15, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #69 of 3,254
My favorite tips are Sony Hybrids, followed by UE Single flange tips (these) and then Shure Olives. I love the durability and comfort of Shure Olives but I hate the limited compatibility (unless I'm willing to de-core a pair or two, which I haven't done so far).

Apr 15, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #70 of 3,254
Quote:
My favorite tips are Sony Hybrids, followed by UE Single flange tips (these) and then Shure Olives. I love the durability and comfort of Shure Olives but I hate the limited compatibility (unless I'm willing to de-core a pair or two, which I haven't done so far).

decoring the olive is actually not that hard. just takes time and care not to rip the foam.

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #75 of 3,254
I love the Etymotic tri-flange tips. I think they give the best treble out of all the tips I've tried. But when they go deep, it's very difficult to remove em. I often take more than 10 seconds to remove just one of them, which is really impractical especially when I'm not at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back