Best IEM tips?
Feb 22, 2024 at 7:02 PM Post #3,061 of 3,289
the best IEM tips that you have on you right now! (if you are on the go)

Feb 23, 2024 at 4:32 PM Post #3,063 of 3,289
Best fit/sound for my ears=Divinus Velvet (L)

Feb 24, 2024 at 7:31 PM Post #3,064 of 3,289
I ordered spinfit w1 , hopefully it's not a disappointment like the azlas were for me
Hi, I also got Monarch MK3 few days ago, and Azlas (Xelatecs) were also disappointment for me and I also ordered Spinfit W1 coming on Monday and I also listen to metal :D Is you me? :-D

Feb 24, 2024 at 7:57 PM Post #3,065 of 3,289
Hi, I also got Monarch MK3 few days ago, and Azlas (Xelatecs) were also disappointment for me and I also ordered Spinfit W1 coming on Monday and I also listen to metal :D Is you me? :-D
I don't like the xelastecs either, but the crystals are one of my favoites
Posted this into another thread but thought it might be helpful here for someone. i
Picked up a set of Divinus Velvet Tips and slapped them on my Xelentos. They have transformed my Xelento 2. Wider more open open sound field. Same low end, just more articulate and open clear resolving treble. These Divinus Velvet tips have unseated Aazla Crystal on a couple of IEMS. Keeping on the subject of tips, just got back, literally a couple hours ago from a trip through Mexico and my favorite flying tips are Tennmak Strong Foam. They are a slow rebound dense silicone foam. As such they don't muddy the bass and have very little attenuation of the highs. They are COMFORTABLE, isolate well, wear like iron, don't rip and tear like Comply and are cheap as chips. Highly recommended.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #3,067 of 3,289
I've had the Acoustune AEX70 tips for a few days now and i love them.

SMP iFit material molds to my ears and i don't feel the tips at all after a few minutes. Extremely comfortable.
  • Medium to wide bore
  • Very soft dome and stem
  • Best seal i've had
  • Right between sticky and smooth texture
Attenuates midbass and cleans up the mids.

Feb 27, 2024 at 1:44 AM Post #3,068 of 3,289
I ordered spinfit w1 , hopefully it's not a disappointment like the azlas were for me

Hi, I got Spinfit W1 yesterday.

Fit is weird somewhat, first tips that didnt fit as soon as pushed to ear.

When I start hearing music as it should sound, I know I have them in right.

They sound really good for me. Definitely my favorites out of: stock, Xelatecs and Tri Clarion.

I will probably stop tip rolling for now, as they are really great sound wise for me.

Feb 27, 2024 at 10:47 AM Post #3,069 of 3,289
I've been dipping my toes into IEMs and am now looking for good fitting tips. In the process, I'm finding nearly all tips loose and most just fall out of my ears, even so-called "large" tips. I guess this means I have giant gaping ear holes (add that to my resume). I went ahead and ordered some XL Spinfits and Spring Tips to see if those are any better.

In the meantime, are there any larger tips I should try that are a better fit for the vast expanses of my massive ear pits?

Feb 27, 2024 at 1:10 PM Post #3,070 of 3,289
I've been dipping my toes into IEMs and am now looking for good fitting tips. In the process, I'm finding nearly all tips loose and most just fall out of my ears, even so-called "large" tips. I guess this means I have giant gaping ear holes (add that to my resume). I went ahead and ordered some XL Spinfits and Spring Tips to see if those are any better.

In the meantime, are there any larger tips I should try that are a better fit for the vast expanses of my massive ear pits?
Penon Liqueur for sure. Their XL is huge and the material is a bit more sticky so doesn't let go as easy.

Feb 27, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #3,071 of 3,289

I have a similar problem but only with shallow fitting IEM where the tips end up residing in the wider outer part of the ear canal. I much prefer deeper fitting IEM and won’t buy shallow fitting ones moving forward.

A set that fit deeply and exceptionally well for me are AuR Audio Neon Pro, a good example of a longish nozzle without being ridiculously deep in ones lug hole. With them I can use any normal L and selection is based on sound and comfort only.

IE600 are a good example of sets that are shallow fitting and I have to fiddle around with tips to find a functional fit that seal and stay put, many just don’t work at all. I put a spacer under the base of the tips to push them out along the nozzle to buy an extra couple of millimetres insertion which helps.

Some brands version of L are only around 13mm or a bit bigger while some are 14mm or a bit more. That extra 1mm or so can make a huge difference to fit. Checking fit charts is important.

A few tips I can suggest trying that work best for me are:

Azla XELASTEC work well due to a combination of diameter, shape and sticky texture. The downsides are that they are not cheap and they designed to deform with body warmth to optimise fit. That results in them looking odd if that matters to you. They can be restored back to normal by a four stage heating and cooling process in hot then cold water, first in hot water with the main part of the tip turned inside out, cooled in cold water then heated again in hot water with them in a normal position and cooled. That is for the anal retentive among us 😂

Penon Liqueur which come in a L size of 14mm and an XL size of 15.5mm. They are a little more pointy in shape than the XELASTEC but are similarly sticky which helps keep them in place. They are also cheap and don’t deform. Of course the huge 15.5mm will make a huge difference in fit.

Divinus Velvet are 14.2mm diameter if I recall correctly and are a somewhat blunt rounded shape so the effective diameter is better than some since the front of the tip will fill the ear canal better than pointy shaped tips.

JVC Spiral Dots are also rather blunt shaped so are more ear filling than some and might be worth a try.

KBear 07 are a somewhat generous L and are cheap enough that they are worth a try if the L you have tried are on the smaller side of the dimension range.

Good luck.

Edited to add: with sticky large diameter tips I find with some IEM insertion is made easier if I rotate the IEM more forward than seems “normal” to me. On some that helps align them nicely with the outer part of the canal. Your ears and mileage are likely to vary.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #3,072 of 3,289
Penon Liqueur for sure. Their XL is huge and the material is a bit more sticky so doesn't let go as easy.
Dang, those are big. Can't quite tell from the description, but what's the difference between the orange and the black versions?

Azla XELASTEC work well due to a combination of diameter, shape and sticky texture. The downsides are that they are not cheap and they designed to deform with body warmth to optimise fit. That results in them looking odd if that matters to you. They can be restored back to normal by a four stage heating and cooling process in hot then cold water, first in hot water with the main part of the tip turned inside out, cooled in cold water then heated again in hot water with them in a normal position and cooled. That is for the anal retentive among us.
I do have a set of large Xelastecs and they *almost* fit. They're better than the other large sizes I've tried, but my left ear hole is apparently an even bigger monster than my right, so the left side eventually ends up breaking its seal. My other issue with the Xelastec tips is that they sound light on bass to me. Since I'm already using a bass-light set of IEMs (Orchestra Lite), the Xelastecs sound a bit thin and dull compared to the other tips I've tried.

I'll give those Penon tips a shot. Might need to mix and match one of their XL with an L to get the fit just right.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #3,073 of 3,289
Dang, those are big. Can't quite tell from the description, but what's the difference between the orange and the black versions?

Not a lot. I have both colours in L and XL.

The website describes sonic differences but says we all hear different so I suspect they are not especially committed to the sonic changes being significant.

I think the orange are just a bit more supple than the black which seems to help the fit. Dimensionally they appear to be identical to my eye.

To me they sound the same.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2024 at 1:48 PM Post #3,074 of 3,289
Just to add.

I checked the dimensions on the Spinfit XL and they are only 14mm so actually only a L for some brands.

They are also kinda pointy shaped and usually quite soft in the dome so the effective fit isn’t likely to match the “XL” description.

If you struggle with fit you will likely learn that the exact diameter, shape, firmness, stickiness and other subtleties becomes a great deal more important than simply the advertised size.

If you really struggle I would suggest deep fitting IEM as for me they make a huge difference and tip selection just for a functional fit and seal becomes a non issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back