Best IEM tips?
Nov 5, 2023 at 5:50 AM Post #2,746 of 3,397
Over the years, I have also built up a small collection ...
IMG_20231105_112643~2.jpg

In my experience, there are almost no really bad ear tips. However, the result depends very much on the individual ear or hearing. For example, I don't get on at all with the popular Spinfit CP100(+). And I also use different tips for each IEM.

But I usually reach for these first:

Azla SednaEarfit (shorts)
Symbio F (foam)
Symbio W peel (silicone only)
Softears UC
Azla Crystal

Nov 5, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #2,748 of 3,397
Pentaconn Coreir have raised the tip bar for me…solid bass with a slight mid bass bias, detail, separation and soundstage next level…not cheap but a big 👍’s from me.
I am also very interested in these. However, because of the high price, I want to be relatively sure that I am ordering the right size. Do you have a comparison with other well-known tips?

Nov 5, 2023 at 10:33 PM Post #2,751 of 3,397
Hello, I just have a quick question if anyone knows the answer. I just got my first pair of iem planar which are these Artti T10 I wanted to get foam tips because I find the silicone aren't comfortable for my ears and was wondering if any foam iem tips would work or does it need to be specific size because I was looking at these Comply but Im not sure if they will fit and I was also looking at Dekoni as well. Thanks!
Check out Sonicfoam---In my mind as good as the Complys and last longer.--for about a quarter of the price.

Nov 6, 2023 at 7:10 AM Post #2,752 of 3,397
Nov 6, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #2,754 of 3,397
The Divinus Velvet tips from Korea are quite an interesting eartip.

4cca6716-c29a-4f8b-acf7-cf05c1c1ece0.jpeg

They cost about $19 USD (https://hifigo.com/products/divinus-velvet) for 3 pairs, and come in 5 sizes. Pretty lint/dust free, with a matte smooth feel.

The inner bore is narrower than the outer bore, though I would still classify it as a wide-bore tip.

Velvet 2.JPG

They are pretty comfortable for my ears, with above average isolation.

Sound-wise, the Divinus Velvet imparts a neutral bright lilt, and increases air, treble and soundstage. It is a good pairing for darker/warmer transducers, but might not be that synergistic with sibilant IEMs. This is a good option for folks who want to increase treble and clarity in the soundscape.
Do they really help with IEMs with poor ventilation?

Nov 6, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #2,755 of 3,397
All these tips are size large from L to R Sony EP-EX10A, Spiral Dots, Final E’s, SpinFit CP 145 and Coreir hope this helps 👍...

5 Tips.jpg
Yes, thanks. I have all of them here myself except for the Sony. I think it's time to place an order for the Coreir :relaxed:

Nov 6, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #2,756 of 3,397
I wonder how the clear differ in sound verse the black?
If you mean the Azla SednaEarfit ...

The black ("regular") ones have a firmer material than the transparent ("light") ones. This leads to slightly more bass due to the better insulation, but probably also to more reflections in the high frequencies. Personally, I find the transparent "light" version somewhat more balanced and use it more often. But that is certainly very individual.

I find the wearing comfort almost the same, although the softer "light" tips are often described as more comfortable.

Nov 6, 2023 at 10:43 PM Post #2,757 of 3,397
Do they really help with IEMs with poor ventilation?

Are you asking if they help with driver flex?

I think foam tips are better to fix driver flex, as they are porous and will let some air past, instead of crumpling the diaphragm of the driver.

Nov 7, 2023 at 2:54 AM Post #2,758 of 3,397
Are you asking if they help with driver flex?

I think foam tips are better to fix driver flex, as they are porous and will let some air past, instead of crumpling the diaphragm of the driver.
Yeah I was referring to that because I saw in their promotion saying that they help with venting I bought my Tang Sancai for that reason btw thank you for answering:)

Nov 7, 2023 at 3:04 AM Post #2,759 of 3,397
Over the years, I have also built up a small collection ...
IMG_20231105_112643~2.jpg
In my experience, there are almost no really bad ear tips. However, the result depends very much on the individual ear or hearing. For example, I don't get on at all with the popular Spinfit CP100(+). And I also use different tips for each IEM.

But I usually reach for these first:

Azla SednaEarfit (shorts)
Symbio F (foam)
Symbio W peel (silicone only)
Softears UC
Azla Crystal
Very neat looking collection:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back