Best IEM tips?
Jun 1, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #1,712 of 3,421
I'm considering doing this as well, looking forward to your impressions on sizing, fit, sound charactersitics. Thanks @DBaldock9.

Well, the two earphones I wanted to try them on (Pizen PianoTrio & Geek Wold GK10) - have nozzles that are too narrow for the ear tips to remain attached.
So, I haven't used them yet.

Jun 6, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #1,714 of 3,421

AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC​

After trying many different, I just use these now, once you get a good fit , these are the only ones I never have to fiddle with
when on my walks or hikes or whatever. The stay put.

Jun 7, 2022 at 11:28 PM Post #1,715 of 3,421
OK folks I need the biggest, gargantuan, best-sticking silicone tips you all know of. What do you recommend? Let me explain.

I have very large and somewhat hairy ear canals. I know this from experience such that nearly every pair of tips fails to seal and falls out. Only the very largest Comply tips will seal and maybe stay when I yank on my ears and jam them in real far, and even then only if the shape of the IEM permits the deeper insertion.

So I picked up some Final Audio E3000's as the shape looks conducive to that deeper fit I need. I slapped on my trusty Comply SmartCore size L's and OK, I'm in business. Huge, overwhelming bass, full-to-bursting midtones and the treble is MIA. Huh. On a whim I put the largest of the included silicone tips onto the things, jammed them into my ears at Etymotic depth and...

Holy beans. Incredible. Suddenly these headphones sound like what all of the reviews say they should and it's amazing. I want this sound now all the time. None of the other pack-in eartips, even when nearly kissing my eardrums, would stick in. I don't trust the largest Final tips to stay in place, otherwise I wouldn't bother with the question.

EDIT: I put in an order for some SednaEarfit XELASTIC and Crystals size L and Spinfit CP100+ XL's. I'd certainly appreciate any other recommendations you might have.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2022 at 1:22 AM Post #1,716 of 3,421
OK folks I need the biggest, gargantuan, best-sticking silicone tips you all know of. What do you recommend? Let me explain.

I have very large and somewhat hairy ear canals. I know this from experience such that nearly every pair of tips fails to seal and falls out. Only the very largest Comply tips will seal and maybe stay when I yank on my ears and jam them in real far, and even then only if the shape of the IEM permits the deeper insertion.

So I picked up some Final Audio E3000's as the shape looks conducive to that deeper fit I need. I slapped on my trusty Comply SmartCore size L's and OK, I'm in business. Huge, overwhelming bass, full-to-bursting midtones and the treble is MIA. Huh. On a whim I put the largest of the included silicone tips onto the things, jammed them into my ears at Etymotic depth and...

Holy beans. Incredible. Suddenly these headphones sound like what all of the reviews say they should and it's amazing. I want this sound now all the time. None of the other pack-in eartips, even when nearly kissing my eardrums, would stick in. I don't trust the largest Final tips to stay in place, otherwise I wouldn't bother with the question.

EDIT: I put in an order for some SednaEarfit XELASTIC and Crystals size L and Spinfit CP100+ XL's. I'd certainly appreciate any other recommendations you might have.
Stickiest tips? Xelastec,
Best tips? Radius deep mount,

Jun 8, 2022 at 1:40 AM Post #1,717 of 3,421
Stickiest tips? Xelastec,
Best tips? Radius deep mount,
Thanks for the reply! Can you help me understand how the Radius Deep Mount tips might help me in my situation? I see the largest size is .8mm smaller than the largest of the SednaEarfits (14mm). I'm not sure that a deeper insertion will help me with, say, the E3000, which I felt I could easily insert as far in as the ER2XR. I did try the second largest tips with the E3000 and got zero seal while feeling like they were about to poke my eardrum (I've done it before and do not recommend).

Jun 8, 2022 at 2:08 AM Post #1,718 of 3,421

Perhaps triple flange eartips like these?

http://earphonesplus.com/4mm-diameter-hole-triple-flange-ear-tips/

Compatible up to 6.4mm diameter, so most iems.

Jun 8, 2022 at 2:14 AM Post #1,719 of 3,421
The XL Moondrop Spring tips are pretty big

Jun 8, 2022 at 2:26 AM Post #1,722 of 3,421
Is spiral dots++ a great match with moondrop s8? Any other better alternatives?
Spiral Dots++ are my daily drivers. But currently enjoying Sedna Earfits Shorts Soft Ver. on my S8 only. Spiral Dots for me makes listening more spacious and gives a nice mid-bass boost, but the Azlas make listening a bit more cleaner and punchier. Probably in my Top 3 (++, Azla, Spring Tips)

Jun 8, 2022 at 3:16 AM Post #1,723 of 3,421
Thank you! Looks like those have a 14mm diameter, same as the others I ordered this evening. I believe I have a set from my Chu. I'll give them a go.
Not sure if Chu had XL included. See below for my picture of XL next to L and M
IMG20220604131235.jpg
My XLs arrived. Work well on short nozzle of the S12. M, L and XL pictured in front. M & L are smaller than other tips, but is a substantial difference to XL

Jun 8, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #1,724 of 3,421
Not sure if Chu had XL included. See below for my picture of XL next to L and M
Thank you, that's helpful. It does indeed look like only three sets were included with the Chu and from what I understand they're S, M and L. The XL is intriguing as it looks like the overall length is .7mm longer than other tips (which look to be 10mm long). Do you by chance know of a USA-based seller of them? Thus far I'm only seeing sellers based out of China. I can go that route if needed but given everything else I ordered shows up Friday I'd like to get these sooner rather than later.

Jun 9, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #1,725 of 3,421
I’m just now listening to my Sennheiser IE600 IEMs after 40hrs of pink noise. The eartips are the problem so far. That is, the mediums isolate well but become somewhat uncomfortable after 30-40 minutes. The smalls are more comfortable but don’t isolate enough for proper bass extension. It seems my canals are somewhere in between.

The treble amount from these IEMs definitely need the mitigation the stock tips offer. However, 3rd party small bore tips that I've tried offer similar mitigation (e.g., Final E-type, medium), but they don’t offer intermediate sizes. I’ll be auditioning the small Final tips tonight, but I think I need to find & try other tips that offer intermediate sizes (e.g., medium-small, ~11.5mm dia.) that also offer a small or extended bore… possibly a good quality soft double flange(?)

Suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back