Best IEM tips?
Jul 2, 2019 at 2:39 AM Post #571 of 3,313
A small comparison of a few Small sized silicone tips (and one Medium Small spiral dot).

Got the Sony Triple Comforts in today. They are the softest outside surface feeling tip I've come across. Haven't listened to them yet.

20190701_224449.jpg

20190701_224543.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2019 at 4:45 AM Post #572 of 3,313
Got the Sony Triple Comforts in today. They are the softest outside surface feeling tip I've come across. Haven't listened to them yet.

Where did you get them from?

Jul 2, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #573 of 3,313
Jul 8, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #575 of 3,313
Last edited:
Jul 8, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #576 of 3,313
Jul 8, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #577 of 3,313
They look like NewBee.....only $7. Might just order to try it out :)

Flare Audio has some interesting tips as well
Hopefully they are not just New Bee with photoshopped to make them look Shiny (with a higher price)! If they are, oh well. Are New Bee's highly dense foam? If you order it, please compare and tell us if they are New Bee. They can all be made from the same Chinese factory and just different sellers with different advertisements.

Jul 12, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #578 of 3,313
I believe the first run sold out fast. So, these ebay sellers are trying to make more money.
According to the article below, they should be listed @ 2,500 japan yen. that is about $23 us dollars. The price should fall closer to that when the next run is issued this summer

https://porta-fi.com/victor-showcases-spiral-dot-at-tokyo-headphone-festival-2019-spring/

Weird one guys. Looks like I was right.

I just ordered a pair from amazon japan for 23 USD with shipping to USA

https://www.amazon.co.jp/EP-FX10M-B...ords=日本ビクターs&qid=1562982941&s=gateway&sr=8-13

Also, now on US Ebay for much cheaper than the original $58:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Editio...rentrq:e90ca8b416b0acc3f458fcdfffc2090c|iid:1

Good luck

Jul 13, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #580 of 3,313
I got to try out the Final E series tips. Color me unimpressed. There's really no perceived improvements with various iems I tried it on compared to various other tips I have in my collection.

What I'm interested in now is the Sony triple comfort. Got to try it with Z1R and they were super comfortable. What a great inventive idea for tips. Never tried anything like it before.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #581 of 3,313
Lately, I've been enjoying Spinfits with certain iems like MH755 and my AKG iem that comes with Samsung phones. It seems to increase clarity for better details in the highs and the bass sound tighter. Bass sounds so much better articulate as I can hear the rumble of the subs better articulated. It's interesting how a tip can make such a significant difference! I don't like to use foam tips as they tend to reduce articulation in general, and you hear it in the bass. With silicone you get better tactile bass sounds.

Spinfits is not wide bore, so it works well for iems that do not need wide bore. I wonder if there is a 4.5mm bore sized version? I need a wide bore version as well.

CP100-L-product.png

Jul 13, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #582 of 3,313
Jul 13, 2019 at 8:29 PM Post #583 of 3,313
Lately, I've been enjoying Spinfits with certain iems like MH755 and my AKG iem that comes with Samsung phones. It seems to increase clarity for better details in the highs and the bass sound tighter. Bass sounds so much better articulate as I can hear the rumble of the subs better articulated. It's interesting how a tip can make such a significant difference! I don't like to use foam tips as they tend to reduce articulation in general, and you hear it in the bass. With silicone you get better tactile bass sounds.

Spinfits is not wide bore, so it works well for iems that do not need wide bore. I wonder if there is a 4.5mm bore sized version? I need a wide bore version as well.

yes called spinfit 145

Jul 13, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #584 of 3,313
look for inairs these are pretty dense
Those are pretty much what I'm looking for. Thanks!

yes called spinfit 145
Yes, you are correct. the 45 in 145 stands for 4.5mm bore size. I looked at all their product line in their webpage, and notice varieties of bore sizes they offer.

I just ordered a set today to try with Andromeda, which works great with 4.5mm bore size. I like the Spinfits a lot. Something about the materials, and design are well thought out and the sound output will prove it. Probably the best sounding tips I've heard as of late.

Also, I notice a difference in sound presentation of different shapes of tips. Like a difference between olive type shape and umbrella. For example like these two types of Spinfits. I notice difference in bass extension response.

Edit: Forget about the 4.5mm size, the bore is still pretty narrow. 4.5mm is the portion that holds the nozzle, and the bore is narrow up top. And such narrow bore size doesn't work for Andromeda.

Spinfits need to come up with real 4.5mm bore size, or wider bore size offering. I like the material of the silicone though.

Attachments

• olive.png
    olive.png
    548.2 KB · Views: 0
  • umbrella.png
    umbrella.png
    619.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back