Best IEM tips?
Feb 13, 2024 at 3:49 PM Post #3,016 of 3,420
After buying over 25+ pairs of eartips. These are the ones. Divinus Velvet. The only con is how freaking hard they are to put on.
What is hard putting them on?
I tried different tips and tried a lot of different combinations with my IEM’s but I was not satisfied.
I tried Dunu S&S, Spinfit cp100 plus and cp145, Azla Xelastec, Final E, JVC EP-FX9 SpiralDot, Whizzer, Comply, Shure foam (for Ety) and TRN foam tips.
In the end I mostly use foam tips. Comply has the best rebound followed by TRN. To bad that cleaning them is very difficult and you have to replace them regularly which adds up. Als I wanted to try the Pentacon Coreir but these things are very expensive and taking in account my negative experience with silicone it’s probably a waist of money. Also I ordered the Aful Performer8 and a guy In a post said the Aful and Spinfit W1 were a match in heaven….
Maybe there is a market for a foam tip cleaner? Like spray them and clean wit a cloth. Who knows?

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2024 at 4:22 PM Post #3,017 of 3,420
I tried different tips and tried a lot of different combinations with my IEM’s but I was not satisfied.
I tried Dunu S&S, Spinfit cp100 plus and cp145, Azla Xelastec, Final E, JVC EP-FX9 SpiralDot, Whizzer, Comply, Shure foam (for Ety) and TRN foam tips.
In the end I mostly use foam tips. Comply has the best rebound followed by TRN. To bad that cleaning them is very difficult and you have to replace them regularly which adds up. Als I wanted to try the Pentacon Coreir but these things are very expensive and taking in account my negative experience with silicone it’s probably a waist of money. Also I ordered the Aful Performer8 and a guy In a post said the Aful and Spinfit W1 were a match in heaven….
Maybe there is a market for a foam tip cleaner? Like spray them and clean wit a cloth. Who knows?
The hole is very small and the nozzle just barely fit for me. The tips are also very smooth so I dropped them about twice while getting them on. Also I've tried all of those tips too except the Penta. My favorite being the W1 by spinfit and Dunu SS but they don't work well with this iem. I never tried foam mostly cuz of what you said. They're disposable and the prices can add up. I have one final eartip coming in the mail that being the Eletech Baroque.

Feb 13, 2024 at 4:25 PM Post #3,018 of 3,420
Got these from Penon. The texture is very nice. Reminds me of the Dunu SS. Sadly the small was still too big for me but these feel great.

Attachments

• 20240213_132324.jpg
    20240213_132324.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Feb 13, 2024 at 4:29 PM Post #3,019 of 3,420
I've always liked Moondrop's foam tips - much better than Comply in my books, and they last ages. Much firmer than any other tips I've tried. Probably a matter of taste, but I'm a foam tip lover who doesn't like Comply at all.

They're my recommendation to anyone who likes foam who hasn't tried them, but if anybody has any foam tips they think are better, I'd be interested to hear what they are.

Feb 13, 2024 at 4:36 PM Post #3,020 of 3,420
I've always liked Moondrop's foam tips - much better than Comply in my books, and they last ages. Much firmer than any other tips I've tried. Probably a matter of taste, but I'm a foam tip lover who doesn't like Comply at all.

They're my recommendation to anyone who likes foam who hasn't tried them, but if anybody has any foam tips they think are better, I'd be interested to hear what they are.
Have you tried those hybrid tips? Are they the best of both worlds or do they just fumble at both? I was interested in the Zeos Render tips but the sand colorway is kinda ugly.

Feb 13, 2024 at 5:09 PM Post #3,021 of 3,420
In the end I mostly use foam tips. Comply has the best rebound followed by TRN. To bad that cleaning them is very difficult and you have to replace them regularly which adds up.

I never came across Moondrop foam. I have ordered a pair from AE. They have slow rebound time?

Feb 13, 2024 at 5:10 PM Post #3,022 of 3,420
Have you tried those hybrid tips? Are they the best of both worlds or do they just fumble at both? I was interested in the Zeos Render tips but the sand colorway is kinda ugly.
I tried the hybrids. They don’t feel very nice in my ears.

Feb 13, 2024 at 5:40 PM Post #3,023 of 3,420
I never came across Moondrop foam. I have ordered a pair from AE. They have slow rebound time?
Sorry, I didn't realise a slow rebound time was what you preferred. I'd say they have a fast rebound time, and are overall firmer, which is what I prefer. I've found that generic tips from AE have a slower rebound time, so you may want to cancel your order and try those (the ones that always have the option between black, blue and red). Or maybe try the Moondrops anyway to try something new!

I wouldn't be surprised if these things are related - the slower the rebound time, the more malleable the foam, and the quicker they wear out. Just conjecture, could be wrong. My Moondrops honestly last 10x longer than any Complys ever did for me though, they seemingly last forever.

Feb 13, 2024 at 5:57 PM Post #3,024 of 3,420
Sorry, I didn't realise a slow rebound time was what you preferred. I'd say they have a fast rebound time, and are overall firmer, which is what I prefer. I've found that generic tips from AE have a slower rebound time, so you may want to cancel your order and try those (the ones that always have the option between black, blue and red). Or maybe try the Moondrops anyway to try something new!

I wouldn't be surprised if these things are related - the slower the rebound time, the more malleable the foam, and the quicker they wear out. Just conjecture, could be wrong. My Moondrops honestly last 10x longer than any Complys ever did for me though, they seemingly last forever.
I have to replace the Comply every 4 or 5 weeks. Like 20,- euro on amazon.nl.
I found them on AE (in a “not for resale” package) for 4,35.
Yes, I prefer slow rebound but I am going to try the Moondrop anyway, who knows 😊

Feb 13, 2024 at 6:09 PM Post #3,025 of 3,420
I have to replace the Comply every 4 or 5 weeks. Like 20,- euro on amazon.nl.
I found them on AE (in a “not for resale” package) for 4,35.
Yes, I prefer slow rebound but I am going to try the Moondrop anyway, who knows 😊
Comply used to last me a similar time - 2 months max. I just couldn't justify it! At the very least I think you'll be impressed by the longevity of the Moondrops :)

Feb 13, 2024 at 8:32 PM Post #3,026 of 3,420
The hole is very small and the nozzle just barely fit for me. The tips are also very smooth so I dropped them about twice while getting them on. Also I've tried all of those tips too except the Penta. My favorite being the W1 by spinfit and Dunu SS but they don't work well with this iem. I never tried foam mostly cuz of what you said. They're disposable and the prices can add up. I have one final eartip coming in the mail that being the Eletech Baroque.
Velvets are indeed pretty stubborn, but they also stay exactly where you put them. It's helpful on iems with a smooth nozzle, other tips get stuck in the ears sometimes.

You might like the comfort on the Baroque tips, they are very soft and virtually disappear after a minute or two. The sound profile does change a bit though.

Feb 13, 2024 at 8:49 PM Post #3,028 of 3,420
I have them too. I noticed I need to size up when using tips. Imo anything with a regular to wide bore is good. The included final tips are not a good pairing. I like using the dunu s&s and omni by spinfit on them. Look at measurements cuz they got really small nozzles(5000) some tips will slide off.
I have final audio e5000.Which eartips do you suggest for the e5k

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2024 at 9:18 PM Post #3,029 of 3,420
Guys, i wonder if there are any eartips that reduce vocal shoutiness but everything else is perfect?

Not that I am aware of.

The only times I had this were when I did not have a proper sealing, even though I could swear I was having one. 🤯

My take: if you can get the best sealing as possible from your eartips arsenal, you may solve this issue via auditory masking -- better bass/midbass in short.

:hot_pepper: If the above still does not help, and you're not willing to EQ, I would look into replacing this IEM ASAP. :hot_pepper:

Hope you find a solution. Cheers.

Feb 13, 2024 at 9:47 PM Post #3,030 of 3,420

Haven't tried the Moondrop tips, but Complys are very overpriced, and not durable, every few weeks I have to replace them.

The Dekoni Mercury foam tips are one of my favourites, very durable (can last months) and are quite comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back