Best IEM tips?
Feb 8, 2024 at 11:44 AM Post #2,987 of 3,421
wah t is the best eartips, with spacious soundstage, 3d holograph, with widest, excellent imaging, layering, separation, and great depth, treble extension is great, sparkle , crispy, airy till upper frequensi ?
flesh? lol

Feb 9, 2024 at 9:13 AM Post #2,988 of 3,421
It seems after 3-4 years of using comply, given your 5 wk average replacement, you could have purchased an $300 IEM with that money and used silicone tips.
As I have got older (I’m 66), I’ve gone from being a Comply fan to not being able to use them. It’s probably age-related changes in ability to hear different frequencies. Now I hear the bass as muddy - and I play bass in a band - and the trebles are muted. I’ve moved to Spinfit and they seem to do the job better.

Feb 9, 2024 at 9:38 AM Post #2,989 of 3,421
wah t is the best eartips, with spacious soundstage, 3d holograph, with widest, excellent imaging, layering, separation, and great depth, treble extension is great, sparkle , crispy, airy till upper frequensi ?
I kept hearing about the Divinus Velvet tips, but had been very happy with both the Azla Crystal's and Azla Sedna, so I never had any interest in trying them; I was happy hearing the positive influence those tips had with the IEMs they were paired with. Anyway about a month ago on another thread a couple of my audio buddies made such a strong endorsement for the Velvets that I conceded a bought a set. Well, they arrived Monday and replaced my Azlas. These tips completely transformed my Xelentos or probably better to say they unrestricted them allowing the full potential of them to come out - Bass reaches deeper with much better texture and layering Mids remain lush and engaging and the treble has come more alive. And the stage has been opened up on an earphone that is characteristicly intimate. I was and still am amazed at the impact they had. I've also got the EDP, a DD + Planar hybrid, here too the upper end got revealed with excellent depth. The shift wasn't as dramatic as the with the Xelento but was noticeable.

For you foam lovers give the Tennmak Strong Foam a try. They are a dense, slow rebound, silicone foam. They don't rip or tear like comply, don't muddy the bass or clip the treble and they wear like iron, are super comfortable, and are cheap, like chips. Amazon and Ali Express.

Feb 9, 2024 at 10:02 AM Post #2,990 of 3,421
I just want to drop a quick thanks in this thread i tested around 25 different tips in shape an sizes but i could never wear any iem for longer than lets say 30 before my ear start to itch and hurt and then i saw a mention of the divinus velvet in this thread an thought ok why not one last try ... And wow i can wear all my IEMS for easy 2-3 hours before getting problems and they sound nice too ! So thanks (to the community i think) and a heads up someone got really sensitiv earcanals try these tips!

Feb 9, 2024 at 8:05 PM Post #2,992 of 3,421
Yep, Divinius hit a home run with the Velvet tips. I keep going back to them after testing each new tip, it's the right combination of features to sound good and be usable long term. I'm looking forward to any new tips they bring to market.

Only slight problem with them is the small seam they have around the flange, their molds need to be renewed.

Feb 10, 2024 at 7:03 AM Post #2,994 of 3,421
Received my Penon Liqueur eartips today. M+L+L in both orange and black and well obviously I won't do it but I feel I can throw out almost all my other eartips.
Spring tips, Tangzu Tang Sancai, Comply foams, Spinfit CP100, CP145 and W1, the stock tips that come with KZ and my Artti T10. Apart from the foams none of those would properly stay in my ears while moving with work and the foams were just slightly annoying having to compress them before fitting.
I have some Azla Xelastecs too and they are awesome but just a bit expensive for work.

I did make another order of eartips just out of curiosity. A single set of the Kbear tips and Bgvp widebore and a set of 3 Divinus velvet eartips. But have to wait for China to get back to work.

Feb 10, 2024 at 9:01 AM Post #2,995 of 3,421
Crossposting from the discovery thread:

Bought a bunch of cheap tips from AE. These two were the highlights of this "experiment".

Azla just for reference:

IMG_20240210_110659.jpg
Monster tips M - Azla SednaEarfit Light Short tips S - Beats tips M

Monster tips
  • Narrow to medium bore
  • Dome is fairly thin but firm, very smooth matte like finish and rounder shape
  • Stem is on the short side and firm
    • Balanced sound
    • Has a crossfeed kind of effect on soundstage, slightly narrower and brings it in front of the head
    • Seal is good to very good
Beats tips
  • Very wide bore, TRI Clarion size
  • Dome is thin and very pliable
  • Stem is short and semi firm
    • Tames Midbass
    • Vocals sound airier, SOME male vocals sound a bit lean
    • Seal is just OK

The store: https://trigrain518946.aliexpress.com/store/518946

Monster tips: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32712521085.html
Beats tips: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32862758552.html

YMMV

Feb 10, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #2,996 of 3,421
Received my Penon Liqueur eartips today. M+L+L in both orange and black and well obviously I won't do it but I feel I can throw out almost all my other eartips.
Spring tips, Tangzu Tang Sancai, Comply foams, Spinfit CP100, CP145 and W1, the stock tips that come with KZ and my Artti T10. Apart from the foams none of those would properly stay in my ears while moving with work and the foams were just slightly annoying having to compress them before fitting.
I have some Azla Xelastecs too and they are awesome but just a bit expensive for work.

I did make another order of eartips just out of curiosity. A single set of the Kbear tips and Bgvp widebore and a set of 3 Divinus velvet eartips. But have to wait for China to get back to work.
Kbear tips are really nice. Except the hybrid orange foam ones. Those are really bad. I bought the grey/red, the white ones, and the dark blue tips from them.

Feb 10, 2024 at 9:42 PM Post #2,997 of 3,421
I look forward to the Xelastec II. :heart_eyes:

1707619202159.png

Source: https://x.com/jmackbrew/status/1756275903615873378

Feb 12, 2024 at 12:39 AM Post #2,998 of 3,421
Guys, i wonder if there are any eartips that reduce vocal shoutiness but everything else is perfect?

Feb 12, 2024 at 1:35 AM Post #2,999 of 3,421
Guys, i wonder if there are any eartips that reduce vocal shoutiness but everything else is perfect?
That sounds like a problem better solved by EQ.

Vocals are governed by the mids, so a long stem tip with a narrowing bore would be ok. Foam tips are a more drastic solution. Tanchjim APB normal bore.

Seriously, just apply two high pass filters, -2dB at 1k and +2dB at 4k, then adjust those numbers until the shouting is gone. You may have to shift the lower high pass up a bit to keep the lower harmonics unaffected.

Feb 12, 2024 at 3:21 AM Post #3,000 of 3,421
That sounds like a problem better solved by EQ.

Vocals are governed by the mids, so a long stem tip with a narrowing bore would be ok. Foam tips are a more drastic solution. Tanchjim APB normal bore.

Seriously, just apply two high pass filters, -2dB at 1k and +2dB at 4k, then adjust those numbers until the shouting is gone. You may have to shift the lower high pass up a bit to keep the lower harmonics unaffected.
Using dongle and android phone cant EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back