Best headphones to wear while sleeping?
Sep 8, 2004 at 11:43 PM Post #21 of 60
not all earuds though. I have a set of those koss "the plug" and they are kinda big and they push into your ear when you sleep on the side. The back of the drive or the base or somthing is a big to big. I was suprised when i got the EX71s how small they actualy are and how far into the ear they fit. Then i was again suprised how well they sounded being so small.

Im sure the higher end canalphones are better but the EX71s were only $40. good enough for sleeping IMO

Sep 8, 2004 at 11:49 PM Post #22 of 60
The EX71's would be a great choice. They're tiny....
etysmile.gif

and above all... they sound good.

Sep 9, 2004 at 12:08 AM Post #23 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gundam
The EX71's would be a great choice. They're tiny....
etysmile.gif

and above all... they sound good.

Is there a noticeable difference between those and something more expensive like ER6's?

Sep 9, 2004 at 12:16 AM Post #24 of 60
There is... I'm afraid...

The Ety ER6i's, which I've had for a day so far, sound, in every way much better than the EX71's. More transparent, greater detail to the recording, tighter bass...

BUT! If you've never heard the ER6i's then you would never know. I've had my EX71's for 6 months now... and for that period of time I loved them. People who aren't into earphones say, "Hey, aren't those the 'phones that make the sound go in your head?" And I respond with, yes, they do just that....

The trouble is, if you buy the EX71's you'll know that there's a better pair out there...

There's always a bigger fish... (the Ultimate Ears UE10's come to mind)

Sep 9, 2004 at 1:34 AM Post #28 of 60
i fall asleep more easily. so, not while im asleep, while im TRYING to fall asleep. plus it blocks out any other noise, but i can still hear my alarm go off in the morning. i need headphones because i dont wanna keep my roomate up with it

Sep 9, 2004 at 2:54 AM Post #29 of 60
I hace got in to the habit now of sleeping with my headphones on that if I don't wear them I can't sleep well. Sometimes there's not even music playing!!!! Only probs are they are grado RS-1's
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

Sep 9, 2004 at 3:08 AM Post #30 of 60
Nothing mentioned thus far can be construed as "comfortable" for sleeping purposes. Sorry, earbuds, and clunky 555s don't cut it.

Try again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back