BEST HEADPHONES FOR UNDER $100?
Nov 7, 2006 at 4:43 AM Post #17 of 47
Being a Sennheiser person, I can say that the best Sennheisers can get really rockin....BUT, they need an expensive rig. Grados are the best at metal and heavy rock on a regular system. Hands down, best for your budget.

Nov 7, 2006 at 8:36 AM Post #21 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3
Grado's generally lack bass don't they?

with the flats they don't...definitely much more bass than the kx01 series...

my favorite can under $100 is still the sr60...best value headphones period. so much sound for so little dough.

but a new favorite is the recabled k81dj, which is still below $100 even after the recable job (and paying someone to do it). it loses all that boomy bass and replaces it with a tight, controlled bass and better soundstage. i'm really liking how these sound after the recable...

sr60 or recabled k81dj...either way, you win
wink.gif

Nov 7, 2006 at 5:58 PM Post #23 of 47
grados are a complete no no for outdoor use. No isolation at all, and u can prolly use them as portable speakers
biggrin.gif

They are good only for listening in a quiet environment, I mentioned the same thing regarding MS-1's in my previous post, the same holds good for grado SR series as well.

Nov 7, 2006 at 8:10 PM Post #28 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy
MS1 with comfies dammit!!!
cool.gif

I'm new here, so can someone explain to me what "comfies" exactly means?
and by the way aren't MS1 are Grado's?that ar unsutable for outdoors?

Nov 7, 2006 at 8:41 PM Post #29 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by PERESZ
i'm not sure about AKG K81 DJ, cause they ar made for DJ use, also i found these models from AKG: K 412 P,K 24 P/K 26 P, can anybody recomend them?

just because they say, "DJ" doesn't mean they're only made for DJs. it's really only a marketing tool to get DJs to buy them...i'm not even sure what makes for a DJ-specific headphone except that they be closed.

"comfies" are the pads that come with the sr60. they are made of a softer foam material, similar to the hd414...the flats and the bowls are both made with a denser material. the comfies do not have a hole in them like the bowls or flats, although some mod them to give them quarter-sized holes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back