Best headphones for punk metal/contemporary rock/alt rock/classic rock?
Feb 4, 2014 at 5:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

gogotheyogrtman

New Head-Fier
Hello,

Basically all I'm looking for is a good pair of headphones meant for punk metal, nu metal, and just rock in general.  Anything from the replacements to alice.  I also listen to alternative rap (doomtree, atmosphere, oddfuture, etc.), dubstep/electronic, house/club (not top 40), and classic rap such as NWA, run dmc, and coolio.  I own a pair of m50s and a pair of solohds (I never use my solos anymore though) and I use a fiio e17 with my technicas.  But I've discovered throughout the past few months that my m50s sound kind of flat in general, that they're more meant for the studio.  When I talked to the guy at guitar center at the headphones counter, he recommended the sennheiser hd280 or 380 pros.  I've tried out my buddies hd800s and they were positively UNREAL.  Right now I'm kinda gearing towards a pair of sennheisers.  My budget is $300, but to be honest, I would prefer to spend less.  But if I need to, I'll spend more.  And I will not take any suggestions relating to beats, bose, sols, klipsich, or any other companies like that.  I'm sorry, but I just don't like them.  Please answer back!  I need to know kinda soon 
atsmile.gif

Feb 4, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #2 of 3
I'd say the Sennheiser HD600 is the best option in your price range, there's places you can get them for around $300. I have a pair and they can handle every genre I throw at them no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back