Best headphones for Prog Rock/Prog Metal (250€)
Nov 26, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #16 of 18
  I did mean the Yamaha in ear EPH-100. Those come at 200 in the US (official), but are worth it, more they are reference at still acceptable Price considering the competition at this Level.

The Teufel Aureol Real is unbeatable in it´s Price Segment and is comparable in Sound with the AKG 551K. [...] Teufel is a German brand that delivers straight from the manufacture to the Client, but I guess, that some of their production happens in China,otherwise it is difficult to explain how such headphones can be sold at 100 Euro.

The Velodyne vTrue is my favorite model from the US but is unfortunately out of my Budget, but me and couple of friends did buy it for a birthday present, and it is the most beautifull headphone I ever saw. I did not try them of course, but knowing the repuation of Velodyne I am sure it is good,particulairly the bass wich might be great when listening to Magma:)

Thanks. Looks like we need some impressions / reviews. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 25, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #17 of 18
Hi everyone !
Philips Fidelio L2 / x2
I'm searching for the best headphones to listen to some prog music like King Crimson, Transatlantic, Porcupine Tree, Pain of Salvation, and many others...

I actually own AKG K242 HD that I love very much.

But I was questionning myself if I could find better than those for this kind of music, but enough better to put some money in it.

Thank you very muck for your advices !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back