Best Headphones for Me?
Mar 12, 2011 at 9:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Melee

Head-Fier

I am looking for a great pair of headphones for anywhere between $50-$200. I will spend whatever I need to in order to get respectable quality to fit my needs but I'm not really expecting the greatest headphones ever made, of course. I can go a little above $200 if needed but would rather stay below it if possible.

Some requirements for the headphones:

--  Must be easily portable.

I will be using these when I run, when I work out, and when I do things around the house such as work on my car, mow the yard, clean, etc.

--  Must not be "fatiguing" or have abrasively harsh highs.

I don't want headphones that hurt my ears and give me a headache from listening to them. I had a cheap set of Klipsch Promedia 2.1's for my computer and I could barely stand to listen to them for that reason...I prefer a more balanced/neutral sound but not so much as to where it sounds dull or doesn't have enough liveliness to keep you pumped while working out.

--  Must have great detail + clarity and respectable bass.

I love music and I want a pair of headphones that will allow me to enjoy it to its fullest. I listen to mostly Metal/Hardcore/Rock type of music, especially when lifting, but would also like it to be able to handle other types such as Acoustic if I feel like listening to it.

--  Must have isolation in order to cancel out the ambient noise around me.

I have to focus when I'm at the gym and can't stand to hear people chatting, the television, etc. I only want to hear the music.

--  Must be comfortable and secure.

My apple earbuds drive me insane when I try to use them while exercising. They constantly fall out of my ears and after a while become extremely uncomfortable. I definitely want a set of headphones that will hold securely in place and cause no discomfort.

Hopefully that explains what I'm looking for well enough for you guys to make some suggestions.

Thanks so much for the help.

Mar 12, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #2 of 4
TripleFi 10?

Mar 12, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #3 of 4
Well, I found the RE0's which are $79 and seem to be right up my alley.

From what I've read, they are exactly the sound I'm looking for and can't be touched by anything in their price range.

Does anyone have any experience with these or have any reasons why they're a bad purchase?

Mar 12, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #4 of 4
I own those as well.  You can't go wrong with them.  n__n

Users who are viewing this thread

Back