Best headphones for me
Feb 20, 2011 at 7:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

GGfpc

New Head-Fier
Hello, I decided to start this thread because I dont know what to buy

I listen to indie rock and want some closed circumaural headphones for under 100 dollars.

I have made a few posts and everyone has a different opinion so please post which cans should I buy and Why I should buy them

Thanks in advance

Feb 20, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #2 of 19

Feb 20, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #3 of 19
Audio Technica m50. I find, that most beginners, including myself, want headphones with bass. Ergo, the m50 should provide enough bass and overall sound quality to suit a beginner's wants.

Feb 20, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #5 of 19

Quote:
Wouldn't something with a strong midrange be better though?

Yeah, I agree with you there. But I'm going to make the assumption that these are his first purchase of quality headphones. The m50 seems like a great place to start, in my opinion. 

Feb 20, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #6 of 19
They are my first good headphones...but the m50 are way over 100 euros, at least here in portugal and maybe in the UK. Buying in the US is out of the question.

Feb 20, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #7 of 19
Well, based on him listening to mainly indie rock I'd probably recommend something else. Grado would be an easy recommendation but he said he wants something closed. Perhaps the Sennheiser 448?
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD448-Closed-Circumaural-Headphone/dp/B002DGTGO0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1298248321&sr=8-1

Feb 20, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #8 of 19

Quote:
I have made a few posts and everyone has a different opinion so please post which cans should I buy and Why I should buy them

Everyone has different opinion, as not all cans are made equal. And unless you are rich or you run an audiophile shop, the likelihood that an average head-fiers have listened to all the cans out there is very very low. People will only talk about the phones they appreciate (or in some cases, what others have wrote). So, the more number of posts you made will only invite more varying opinions, making your decision all the more difficult.

I'd already given my recommendation in the other thread, which I guess you obviously ain't think it's right for you. That's fine really. But seriously, what you do need to do is really to head down to any shop stocking headphones, and hear for yourself what the cans sound like. There's nothing better than actually putting on the headphone over your head to see if they are the right ones for you. 

Feb 22, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #11 of 19

CAn't decide between the AKG K81DJ and the Senn PX-200-ii

I read great things about both on Joker's thread

I am little bit more intrested in the akg because of the isolation

Feb 22, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #13 of 19
If you must have isolation, maybe the AKG are best. I've had the HD448 and the PX200-II and overall the PX was a bit better, due to its great bass and small size. The HD448 are very nice for home use, they have wonderful mids, but don't really make for portable cans.

Feb 22, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #14 of 19
I have the Senn PX-200 ii, and they a great :D
nice rich midrange (vocals), and a punchy bass, but not too strong.
so a pretty good first pair of headphones in my opinion.

Feb 22, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #15 of 19
I'm only gonna use them at home...O think I'm gonna buy the AKG's 
The isolation is the reason I'm bying full size headphones, and the price difference isn't that much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back